• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A million tax pounds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what HMRC need to do is prosecute the people who set up the scheme, take the money from them until they are bankrupt then turn on the customers.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks suggestions of removing honours is sickening?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Maybe Cameron should hand back his leadership too...

David Cameron's inherited family wealth 'based in foreign tax havens' - Telegraph
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Sins of the father?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You lot leave 'Our' Gary alone....

Big bullies

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              You lot leave 'Our' Gary alone....

Big bullies
              Yep, or I'll get Simon Cowell onto you.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Isn't this setting a dangerous precedent? If we asked all people who do wrong to give back their honours it could get very inneresting!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Isn't this setting a dangerous precedent? If we asked all people who do wrong to give back their honours it could get very inneresting!
                  Agree, but there is a massive difference between fiddling your tax and fiddling with someone else.

Returning honours for tax misconduct (they were members of an apparently legal scheme, an illegal scheme should have been closed for business) seems a little harsh, If they were caught with 13 year olds then it makes perfect sense to remove the honours as the crown doesn't want to be associated with such things.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Agree, but there is a massive difference between fiddling your tax and fiddling with someone else.

Returning honours for tax misconduct (they were members of an apparently legal scheme, an illegal scheme should have been closed for business) seems a little harsh, If they were caught with 13 year olds then it makes perfect sense to remove the honours as the crown doesn't want to be associated with such things.
                    How many MP's that were caught up in the expenses scandal have honours of varying levels?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Tax evasion = using foreign laws to defend your property against a kleptomaniac government

Tax avoidance = using British laws to defend your property against a kleptomaniac government
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X