• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal Meat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which bit of 'there are nutters in all religions' don't you understand?

Muslims aren't the only terrorists, they just seem to be the ones attacking the west most seriously this month. Now if the moderates threw out and didn't support extremist in any religion there would be pockets of mad mullahs and tv evangelists the security forces could deal with.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Muslims aren't the only terrorists, they just seem to be the ones attacking the west most seriously this month.
      Whose turn is it next month?

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        Pah! I could probably find a site which documents just as many attacks on Muslims.

Tit for tat stuff is pointless. If that's your angle, well its sad.
        While there are attacks in both directions, there are more countries where Christians are actively persecuted (as opposed to people being mean) than there are countries where Muslims are being persecuted, with one important caveat. Sunni Islam has no central authority of teaching; in one mosque you may find any number of teachers with opposing interpretations. Where these differing interpretations cause open conflict, you get Muslims persecuting other Muslims. This is partly why some Muslims want to live in the West - they can get on with their lives without fear of the nutters!

The fact is that in the majority of (historically) Christian countries, there is very little persecution of religious minorities. The same cannot be said for the majority of Islamic nations.

There are seven countries in the world, where Atheists are actively persecuted - all Islamic. There are no secular countries where Muslims are persecuted.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          There are no secular countries where Muslims are persecuted.
          India? Greece? could name a few others too.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

UK?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              although there are civilian casualties, are combatants.
              Worth noting that the definition of 'combatant' is <drumroll>....... males of 16 years or more.

Comment

All this furore about Halal meat is just scare mongering and vilifying of Muslims by the Mainstream media and racists. To met to be truly halal the animal must have been cared for and fed properly (I.e. not ground up dead animals), transported with compassion, given some water befo re slaughter and not slaughtered around other animals. The bit about the prayer is just the final stage, and Allah simply being the Arabic name for God. The reason for the prayer is because all life is sacred therefore the animal should know that it is being killed with the permission and in the name of God.

Comment

Originally posted by rzahmed View Post
                  All this furore about Halal meat is just scare mongering and vilifying of Muslims by the Mainstream media and racists. To met to be truly halal the animal must have been cared for and fed properly (I.e. not ground up dead animals), transported with compassion, given some water befo re slaughter and not slaughtered around other animals. The bit about the prayer is just the final stage, and Allah simply being the Arabic name for God. The reason for the prayer is because all life is sacred therefore the animal should know that it is being killed with the permission and in the name of God.
                  Good points, especially about the care of the animal during its life and the transport of the animal; points where many western farmers and transporters can improve. As for the prayer, it isn't something I find important, but I think it's good that a human carries out the slaughter instead of a machine; it kind of confronts a person with what he's actually doing. I would prefer to see the animal stunned before slaughter, but I have seen how my local halal butcher carries out slaughter and where he sources his meat and I find the whole of his approach preferable to the battery farming approach. I buy lamb at a halal butcher in the Netherlands simply because it´s difficult to buy the cuts of lamb I want at other butchers, and also because he´s a nice guy who treats his customers well. Obviously, that´s just one halal butcher and can´t be taken as representative for all, but I think people need to know about the whole halal process instead of just judging on the final seconds.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                    UK?
                    Is India a secular nation? Also, your definition of persecution may differ from his...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by rzahmed View Post
                      The bit about the prayer is just the final stage, and Allah simply being the Arabic name for God. The reason for the prayer is because all life is sacred therefore the animal should know that it is being killed with the permission and in the name of God.
                      So the animal understands Arabic?

Comment

Working...
                      X