Page 12 of 162 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Posts 111 to 120 of 1612

Thread: BIG GROUP

Super poster

Really?

Wonder if he's a contractor?

Should post faster

Default Half century up ...

Excellent - four more pledges (Boobetty, badabr, NotAmused, shevlane) yesterday afternoon takes us to 51 in total with 4 more possible - all within the first seven days.

And - ball*cks - think I might have been less than "dangerous" when I made that little enticement - but I'll stand by it.

BTW1 - "we've gained a day" - yep, I miscounted - please, please don't tell my boss - I'm supposed to be a numerate SME (sic) ...

BTW2 - "Ship and Shovell" is one of my lunch-time locals - I work in the Strand on this contract - not sure about the beer, but it's the only pub I know on two sides of the street.
    "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Super poster

Certainly a pub with a split personality.

I like the Chandos as well. they have some interesting beers.

Our office is in Pall Mall and I walk to/from waterloo so all these places are good.

Still gathering requirements...

I would like to join, but I am not sure it will assist me too much as come the end of June I expect a hefty bill from HMRC that I cannot pay.

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by typod View Post
    I would like to join, but I am not sure it will assist me too much as come the end of June I expect a hefty bill from HMRC that I cannot pay.
    More reason to join! I already have a hefty bill that I can't afford. We all need to fight this. And look at it this way, if you can't afford to pay the impending bill, what do you have to lose by joining a group to fight it?

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by ads1980 View Post
    More reason to join! I already have a hefty bill that I can't afford. We all need to fight this. And look at it this way, if you can't afford to pay the impending bill, what do you have to lose by joining a group to fight it?
    You are spot on, I will join in. I was holding out some vain hope that this action may delay the payment notices Silly I know.

Super poster

You are spot on, I will join in. I was holding out some vain hope that this action may delay the payment notices Silly I know.
    If you want to PM me I can look at the APN and see if something might be done to delay matters.

I emphasise it is delay, not solve.

More time posting than coding

I know how you feel. The way I look at it now is that we have all been screwed over. We can't stop the screw from turning but can maybe prevent it going the whole way.

Super poster

Default Medical contractors

A lot of people in the medical profession are contractors.

I can't imagine that they are any more prepared for the ventilation/manure interface than any other group but....

The public has a lot of sympathy for this sector.

Stories about nurses being forced into bankruptcy or highly qualified doctors/dentists going bust would be useful and this area is one in which I think BIG GROUP should focus on building numbers.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by webberg View Post
    A lot of people in the medical profession are contractors.

I can't imagine that they are any more prepared for the ventilation/manure interface than any other group but....

The public has a lot of sympathy for this sector.

Stories about nurses being forced into bankruptcy or highly qualified doctors/dentists going bust would be useful and this area is one in which I think BIG GROUP should focus on building numbers.
    I agree! But surely we won't meet them on Contractor UK... How could we reach out to the non-IT sectors?