• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Views on HMRC sheme enquiries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattleCry View Post
    On June 23rd we have a chance to hit back at George Osbourne.
    Older Voter are more likely to vote for Brexit. So I'm going to take a day off to ferry them to the polling stations.
    Gauke, Oz and cam out!
    You are completely deluded.
    Older voters do NOT vote for change and the unknown,they vote for the STATUS QUO!
    Therefore, if anything, they are Cameron's best asset.
    Please comprehend that.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Research done?

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      You are completely deluded.
      Older voters do NOT vote for change and the unknown,they vote for the STATUS QUO!
      Therefore, if anything, they are Cameron's best asset.
      Please comprehend that.
      Deluded or well researched? It is well worth doing some research here, as all the opinion polls are saying older voters want to leave the EU and younger voters want to stay in the EU. Older voters remember life before the EU so its not all about the Status Quo

Interestingly the older vote were also polling to remain in the Scottish referendum and vote for the conservatives in the last UK election. So mobilizing there vote can be decisive

EU referendum: Who in Britain wants to leave, and who wants to remain? - Telegraph

Comment

Point taken. Thanks.
        However, remember polls are polls - older folks are easily scared, and we haven't seen the last of Cameron's scare tactics. In fact, we've probably seen nothing yet.
        Hope you're right though. UK leaving the EUSSR would be a massive cold shower for him, therefore a delight for me.

PS: you might want to check this http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com...-there-theyre/ (sorry, it just makes my eyes bleed)

Comment

From completely deluded to correct in a couple of posts, impressive

Most of the "olds" I know are going to vote "out".

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
            PS: you might want to check this Their, There, They’re | e Learn English Language (sorry, it just makes my eyes bleed)
            Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
            http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
              Since when does "point taken" equal "correct"?
              I can see the rationale. I still don't think it's how it'll play out.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post

Most of the "olds" I know are going to vote "out".
                Like with the Scottish referendum you are only hearing the vocal minority.

The vast majority of women of any age haven't decided how they are going to vote.

As soon as they are given proper facts they are likely to vote for the status quo.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Like with the Scottish referendum you are only hearing the vocal minority.

The vast majority of women of any age haven't decided how they are going to vote.

As soon as they are given proper facts they are likely to vote for the status quo.

Interesting Point Sue.

And it peaked my curiosity to take a look on Mums net to see if anyone is polling there and it looks like there are plenty of voices saying leave. You may well be correct that the Leavers are being more vocal - It's going to be very close in my view.

I honestly think social class will be a bigger factor than gender.

People in trades where they are being undercut by European workers will want to be out.

Understandably Bosses in industries that make large profits by keeping wages low will want to remain in. They are also making alot of noise in the Media and have all the tools to get there points across

So the man on the street might say out. And some well paid company bosses in their happy bubble will say stay.

The politicians all have vested interests so there will be a lot of spin, everyone on this board knows about project fear - Dave and George would like to keep their jobs.

So on the Economy people will have to use their own common sense

1) Which vote will save 7 Billion per year net contribution to the EU?

2) Which vote will allow the UK greater Freedom to competitively set regulations and tax to attract business and investment?

3) Does the UK government/Civil Service have the competence to set up new trade deals after Brexit similar to prosperous Switzerland and Norway? This is the question we should ask Dave and George. (We may as well not bother voting at all if the answer is No.)

4) Does EU Migration benefit/cost Public services in the UK. School places, NHS Beds, Police (40% of crime in UK committed by Eastern Europeans). By the way I am in favor of some Migration but would like the UK to be able to turn away known criminals

5) Will opportunities / wages go up or down for skills in the UK after Brexit based on Demand and Supply.

I trust Simple common sense answers - Not the tripe coming from project fear.

Comment

Closed my eyes and will vote anything that is against Osborne

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
                      Closed my eyes and will vote anything that is against Osborne
                      Long time conservative voter, (older, late 50's) but I will be voting leave for a number of reasons. Reasons now headed by Osborne and the Eton pack who run the country to support their own personal interests.

Comment

Working...
                      X