• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmc View Post
    Anyone who took one of these loans knew what they were doing. It wasn't wise planning it was just evasion.

So why the righteous indignation? You took a punt, tried to pay no taxes, it didn't work.

I can't honestly believe that anyone entered into one of these and didn't give themselves a sly chuckle at how smart they were getting one over on the man.
    Being generous, the above is a naive view. Being less generous, if you had bothered reading the threads for more than 30 seconds, you would realise that your view is hopelessly ill informed.

I think everybody here realises that when hindsight is applied they have allowed themselves to be fooled into something inappropriate.

(OK, I accept that some may have taken a punt, but I can honestly say that they represent less than 1% of the people I speak with).

Coming in with smug comments protected by anonymity of a forum name does not make you a philosopher or keeper of the moral high ground. I'll leave it to others to say what it makes you.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      I'll leave it to others to say what it makes you.
      perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by dmc View Post
        Anyone who took one of these loans knew what they were doing. It wasn't wise planning it was just evasion.

So why the righteous indignation? You took a punt, tried to pay no taxes, it didn't work.

I can't honestly believe that anyone entered into one of these and didn't give themselves a sly chuckle at how smart they were getting one over on the man.
        I assume you're being paid by the government.
        How about you go and Foxtrot Oscar, being a speck of a useless spunk trumpet.
        Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
        http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
          I assume you're being paid by the government.
          How about you go and Foxtrot Oscar, being a speck of a useless spunk trumpet.
          what he said.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
          X