• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TTP extended to 5 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CockneyRed View Post
    Lets say that it is 5 years as a default, I would need to find over 20k per year to pay what I apparently owe. It's simply unaffordable, surely there must be some sense and morality in the judgement of TTP with people and debts well in the 6 figures?
    HMRC have conceeded the bare minimum. There is no sense, no morality. They don't even have a customer charter!

Someone did get 40+ years TTP. In another case, someone got 4 years. No interest no penalties. They will try to avoid going to bankruptcy court until all deals are exhausted.

This is the minimum they think they can get away with.

And remember the *****s are reading all posts here to sense opinion and what they can get away with.

Comment

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
      I discussed with HMRC today. Not too surprisingly its something they are offering as a push to make people settle faster, though tbf they did apply it (in that they agreed the 5 years instantly). It does however 'only apply to those on settlement' and not TTP in general which is clearly an unfair ridiculous position to take.
      One swallow doesn't make a summer...a seemingly unfair position to take, but from their perspective not so ridiculous perhaps. Whatever it takes to get people to capitulate and pay the phantom debt. 5 years TTP will be the exception. It will help to drag in a few more victims with false hope.

Comment

Working...
      X