• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A useful round up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaxonius View Post
    I am intrigued by your assertion "we want (and believe we have) a solution to the whole of the tax issue and not just the loan charge". My understanding would be that if LCAG get their wish EVERYONE affected by it will get the reward. If BG solution were to be successful would it ONLY be those who joined BG who would benefit or would it be an across the board solution?
    I have to correct you.

LCAG is fighting the loan charge. One of their objectives is to have that charge removed from the statute book. If they do, then HMRC has lost a weapon that they use to bully people, but they have others.

If it is removed though, everybody benefits. But equally all those with open enquiries still need to find a solution to the question of whether there is a liability from the year the loan was drawn.

BG is looking to solve the question of whether the liability in the year the loan was drawn, actually exists and if so, whose liability is it.

If we win that argument - and HMRC are foolish enough to allow it to be won in Tribunal - then everybody benefits, because Tribunal decisions are public property and after FTT, binding.

Therefore a win benefits everybody and not just BG members.

(Be aware that "everybody" means all those who have not settled via a contract or other means before that final decision).
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Many thanks Graham

Thank you Sir....you have answered my question perfectly. BTW - Hell will freeze over before I settle....have made my position quite clear to anyone who has heard me speak or seen my posts - I will only pay if judge tells me I am lawfully obliged to do so...otherwise HMRC can do one!

Comment

Working...
      X