• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parliamentary Debate Tuesday 20th November

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will we know the outcome of this discussion? Can someone post the notes? I'm in SE Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
      When will we know the outcome of this discussion? Can someone post the notes? I'm in SE Asia.
      You can watch / download here:

https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/...e-9506e22903f2
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Thanks Regron. Do you/does anyone know what next steps will be following the discussion? I'm not clued up on Parliamentary Debates, however, one would assume there are going to be action points following a debate.

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
          Thanks Regron. Do you/does anyone know what next steps will be following the discussion? I'm not clued up on Parliamentary Debates, however, one would assume there are going to be action points following a debate.
          I’m confused about this too. Having watched the debate and read back through the script (available online), MP’s concerns / objections seemed to fall on deaf ears. The bill has been passed so that’s that. I read that LCAG are raising funds for a Judicial Review. Is this the next step?

Comment

Originally posted by Boodog View Post
            I’m confused about this too. Having watched the debate and read back through the script (available online), MP’s concerns / objections seemed to fall on deaf ears. The bill has been passed so that’s that. I read that LCAG are raising funds for a Judicial Review. Is this the next step?
            The idea is to build enough momentum to table an amendment. Lazy gits, riding the coat tails of others and who have not bothered contacting their MP to sign EDM 1239 need to step up now. </rant>

Comment

Originally posted by foobar View Post
              The idea is to build enough momentum to table an amendment. Lazy gits, riding the coat tails of others and who have not bothered contacting their MP to sign EDM 1239 need to step up now. </rant>
              With all due respect - the original question was about the parliamentary process. In my view the debate didn’t lead anywhere - there was enough momentum but Glen was sticking to his ‘story’. So ‘next steps’ remain with the contractors / representative groups e.g LCAG - Judicial Review.

I don’t think it helps anyone to accuse contractors in this forum of being ‘Lazy gits, riding on the coat tails of others....’. There are people here going through extremely tough times, potentially on the brink of suicide, full of dread about their long term financial position. Not knowing who to turn to or trust. People that don’t have the energy to fight.

Please show some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Boodog View Post
                With all due respect - the original question was about the parliamentary process. In my view the debate didn’t lead anywhere - there was enough momentum but Glen was sticking to his ‘story’. So ‘next steps’ remain with the contractors / representative groups e.g LCAG - Judicial Review.

I don’t think it helps anyone to accuse contractors in this forum of being ‘Lazy gits, riding on the coat tails of others....’. There are people here going through extremely tough times, potentially on the brink of suicide, full of dread about their long term financial position. Not knowing who to turn to or trust. People that don’t have the energy to fight.

Please show some respect.
                Agree with what you have said but please note that the fight against the LC is being played out over on the LCAG site rather than here, for understandable reasons.

By all means ask questions on here but you will get far more traction over there.

Comment

(Relevant, honest )

Iain Dale: Brady, not only keeper of the letters, but a dark horse leadership candidate | Conservative Home

Comment

Remember the about face of Gauke on DTA?

Comment

Working...
                    X