• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you work at HMRC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you work at HMRC?

Ruth Stanier (who she? - a senior HMRC officer) has responded to a question from their Lordships saying that HMRC has never participated in a disguised remuneration scheme.

That was not the question she was asked.

She was asked if any contractors working at HMRC had used what HMRC would call a disguised remuneration scheme.

HMRC uses a company called Revenue and Customs Digital Technology Services.

REVENUE & CUSTOMS DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY SERVICES LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

In March 2017, over 40% of its staff were contractors. By March 2018 that had reduced to 25% - still over 200 people.

In April 2017, HMRC should have assessed all those contractors and made a decision as to whether they were inside or outside IR35. Clearly a large number were not.

We're looking to expose hypocrisy and worse at HMRC and show that they are attempting to mislead the House of Lords and perhaps TSC.

If you were a contractor at HMRC in the period April 2017 to March 2018, used an agency and/or an umbrella and/or a PSC and/or some mass marketed scheme, I'd be very interested in talking to you and perhaps, with your permission, sharing anonymised information with the Lords.

You can PM me or find my email on our website.

There is no fee.

Thanks
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Ironically my caught years are:

2002-2004 - BBC
    2004-2006 - TFL

so 2 government organisations.

Comment

Not HMRC but I have caught years from when I was doing some work for Rural Payments Agency (executive agency of Defra) if that helps

Comment

Working...
      X