• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

URGENT: PHISHING ATTEMPTS: New development on HMRC Loans Charge - Loans repayment!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT: PHISHING ATTEMPTS: New development on HMRC Loans Charge - Loans repayment!

WARNING!!!
    Dear All,
    Who were previously misinformed regarding Contractors Loans.
    I was working using Sanzar, using a contractor loans scheme over a period of about 2-3 years.
    I decided to take the opportunity to settle up with HMRC, as I was finding it too stressful, and at the time, I was fortunately in a position where I could afford to do this.
    HOWEVER, I have just received the following e-mail, from an organisation purporting to be a Trust Helpline, "Advising" that I will be required to repay my contractor Loan, in addition to paying the tax due on it.
    I strongly believe this is a Phishing attempt, as they have not used my correct full name, and therefore I have treated as such, and sent to my SPAM folder. I did not attempt to open any of the attachments, and I strongly advise nobody else to do the same, if they receive the same email.
    They were very close with the name, and they also had my date of birth, and my email contact.
    I just want to warm people against engaging with these disgusting people.
    The worst part about this is that they have managed to gain this information from a contractor helpdesk style site. I hope it isn't this website which has been hacked?
    The email content is as below:-
    Dear *********(This was slightly wrong),

Your account: ***************This was almost accurate,

Over the last few months, you will have received letters (attached to this email) and emails from Helpline Services Ltd (Trusthelpline.com) (THL) acting in our capacity as Communication Administrators, engaged by the Trustees of the Trusts and former employers of several Brands, one of which (or more than one) were involved with you and your former employer.

These Brands are:
    Sanzar Solutions, Tudor Pay, Long Acre, Eximius, Dynamic Partners, IQ, Darwin, Garraway and Winchester.

The outstanding loan(s) that you have with one or more of these fall in scope of the 2019 Loan Charge whereby HMRC will retrospectively Tax any loans established through Contractor loan arrangements if the loan(s) are still outstanding on 5th April 2019.

The Trustees require you to urgently engage with THL via their portal located at <link to azurewebsites.net removed by moderator>THL Portal - THL Portal

You will have previously received login information via letter or email. Please go to the Portal and use “Contact Us” if you no longer have login details.

The portal website contains your Loan Statement, highlighting the amounts owed and allows you to obtain further information so you can decide which course of action that best suits you.

It should be noted that settling with HMRC will deal with the Tax outstanding but the loan(s) will remain outstanding and attracting interest. The Trustees urgently require you to make your proposals for settling the loan(s).

Kind regards,

Helpline Services Limited

Helpline Services Limited​
    Registered Office: Suite 319‑3, Royal Exchange Avenue, London, United Kingdom , EC3V 3LT
    Incorporated in the United Kingdom
    Company Number 11097772
    [email protected]

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...mail-help.html

?

Comment

Yes I posted the email there as well. I spotted that posting after listing the first one.
      I wanted to warn as many people as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor1996
        ----

seems some clever individuals on the forum think I work for the HMRC, to answer that I settled with the HMRC and so I paid my tax and am trying to move on, people who want to fight the HMRC by all means good luck... I will definitely remove my profile if the Big Group and all them others win their case as I did think about fighting the battle.

I just wanted to end the pain with the letters from HMRC if you cant understand that oh well.

I was told by authorities to not post on these sites as they are monitored by HMRC but if one of my messages helps someone feel its not a losing battle that's cool...
        So you keep saying ( in very weird English BTW ) my little HMRC mole.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
          So you keep saying ( in very weird English BTW ) my little HMRC mole.
          Unless anyone is very sure who the posters are you should assume they are from HMRC. The only two recommended seem to be webberg and phil@dswtres.

Whether there are moles from HMRC(nudge unit?) here or not, HMRC are reading everything. They have produced forum posts in court cases before.

One valuable lesson LCAG learned from TAA is to set up a private forum sooner. Its not unbreakable but is a valuable barrier.

Maybe the correct response to every post in CUK on loans is to redirect questions to LCAG?

Obviously the mods are not worried by this little spat however you can be very sure they will be watching all the posts here very closely and if forced to do unnecessary work they tend to get a bit upset. Quite rightly too.

Comment

<snipped>
            Reported

Comment

----------

I try and help people Chloe, share experiences... good luck to you.
              Last time I looked I was not Chloe.

I have no doubt you are not an HMRC mole. However we should assume there is one there - from the nudge unit.

Comment

I am deleting my account.
                Best of luck with that. You can try to delete all your posts - but since ZeityGate you can only delete so far back.

You could ping the mods to request a ban. Or put something unpalatable in the forums.

Comment

Working...
                X