CALL TO ACTION: Loan Charge debate on Thursday the 11th CALL TO ACTION: Loan Charge debate on Thursday the 11th
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 76
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    10

    Default CALL TO ACTION: Loan Charge debate on Thursday the 11th

    After the suspension of the loan charge debate last Thursday due to the water leak, it has been scheduled to continue this coming Thursday. The debate will include a response from the Ministers. We therefore need everyone to ask their local MP to attend and be prepared to vote for the motion. It would also be great if you could also ask them to sign the letter to the Financial Secretary Mel Stride which calls for an immediate delay.

  2. #2

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon100 View Post
    After the suspension of the loan charge debate last Thursday due to the water leak, it has been scheduled to continue this coming Thursday. The debate will include a response from the Ministers. We therefore need everyone to ask their local MP to attend and be prepared to vote for the motion. It would also be great if you could also ask them to sign the letter to the Financial Secretary Mel Stride which calls for an immediate delay.
    Judging by the response from Mel in Treasury questions in HOC today regarding the LC, Treasury will completely ignore any motion vote on this which is non binding and crack on regardless.
    It would take 320+ MPs forcing an amendment in the next Finance bill over the summer to amend the LC and that in my view is unfortunately very unlikely.

  3. #3

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    198

    Default

    He might be more inclined to change his mind if one of the leading advisers for the LCAG didn't insult him on twitter every half an hour.

  4. #4

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    100,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    He might be more inclined to change his mind if one of the leading advisers for the LCAG didn't insult him on twitter every half an hour.
    Have you approached LCAG about this? What do they say?

  5. #5

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Have you approached LCAG about this? What do they say?
    I haven't but any glance of the relevant twitter feed tells you all you need to know.

  6. #6

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    100,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    I haven't but any glance of the relevant twitter feed tells you all you need to know.
    So LCAG agree with Phil's approach then. That all I need to know. Though having done a long study of protests from the sharp end....

  7. #7

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So LCAG agree with Phil's approach then. That all I need to know. Though having done a long study of protests from the sharp end....
    Insulting the person you're seeking to influence is hardly Dale Carnegie.

  8. #8

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    100,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    Insulting the person you're seeking to influence is hardly Dale Carnegie.
    Look at the ULEZ. Ambulances and black cabs. One pays. One does not. Guess which. And why. I will give you a clue - there is a thread on this is general.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So LCAG agree with Phil's approach then. That all I need to know. Though having done a long study of protests from the sharp end....
    That would be the same Phil promoting a new scheme to "fix" previously failed schemes, one presumes? It gets more bizarre by the minute. What ever happened to the old sayings - "once bitten twice shy" or "if it looks too good to be true......." or "caveat emptor" and so on?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

  10. #10

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    100,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    That would be the same Phil promoting a new scheme to "fix" previously failed schemes, one presumes? It gets more bizarre by the minute. What ever happened to the old sayings - "once bitten twice shy" or "if it looks too good to be true......." or "caveat emptor" and so on?
    I have been encouraging Phil to drop his fight against HMRC and to leave LCAG. He would make a lot more money negotiating TTP deals for victims. Sadly he seems determined to fight HMRC and become poor. Maybe it is all the phone calls he receives from people who are suicidal? Maybe it is the personal attacks he has received from HMRC? Maybe he dislikes an organization castigated by MI5 for being happy to fund Al Qaeda as long as they get their tax break?

    I hope Phil will see sense soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •