• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neveragain View Post
    Got the letter for payment demand again. Letter had to be signed for this time.
    Pay within 14 days from 25th March.
    If someone posted what the envelope looks like here, would it give others the opportunity to intercept it and refuse to sign for it?

Comment

Got the letter for payment demand again. Letter had to be signed for this time.
      Pay within 14 days from 25th March.

Don't know if it's worth emailing them asking why they hadn't responded to my email after the first letter?

Just send them another dispute letter. Did you get an receipt from them regarding your email? If so then send that to them too.

Technically they are breaking all FCA rules by ignoring dispute letters.

Remember what we are doing here is merely disputing a debt you don't think you have, whatever else goes down and whatever else is in the background of these HMRC loans don't get confused with the two. At the moment we are dealing with a straight forward debt dispute procedure. Long way to go yet, this first step is for them to prove the debt, they also have to prove the rights to collect, but most importantly they have to proved the debt.

IF you send a second letter signed for it will not be signed for in this current climate so we need to be mindful there.

Also join up with WTT or ETC Tax to create a group response is my recommendation.

For now treat this as 100% a simple debt dispute.

Stay safe and strong

Comment

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
        IF you send a second letter signed for it will not be signed for in this current climate so we need to be mindful there.
        Royal Mail tracking will still record that it was actually delivered.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          If someone posted what the envelope looks like here, would it give others the opportunity to intercept it and refuse to sign for it?
          plain white envelope. usual royal mail signed for sticker.
          envelope windows only shows your address

return address:PO Box 106 RedRuth TR15 9BN
          check the address via: Who Wrote Me

Comment

Just send them another dispute letter. Did you get an receipt from them regarding your email? If so then send that to them too.

Remember what we are doing here is merely disputing a debt you don't think you have, whatever else goes down and whatever else is in the background of these HMRC loans don't get confused with the two. At the moment we are dealing with a straight forward debt dispute procedure. Long way to go yet, this first step is for them to prove the debt, they also have to prove the rights to collect, but most importantly they have to proved the debt.

Also join up with WTT or ETC Tax to create a group response is my recommendation.

Stay safe and strong

Yes i did get an email receipt say that it was received etc..

Think I might mail them again with their receipt
            FYI, i've not sent a paper letter, just email.

Comment

plain white envelope. usual royal mail signed for sticker.
              envelope windows only shows your address

return address:PO Box 106 RedRuth TR15 9BN
              check the address via: Who Wrote Me
              Sadly no chance of employing this technique right now. The postmen and ladies are instructed to not get signatures at the moment, so you're going to get them delivered. Up to you whether you burn it or not, I would say do not ignore it but up to you.

It will be recorded as signed for and delivered.

Comment

Yes i did get an email receipt say that it was received etc..

Think I might mail them again with their receipt
                FYI, i've not sent a paper letter, just email.
                It's a good idea to get the receipt again for sure, I am going paper this time, recorded (signed for) - even though the post won't wait for a signature the tracking will say delivered etc.,

Comment

Stay safe and strong
                  Royal Mail delivery people are knocking on the door and saying they are signing on our behalf to say its been delivered.

Comment

anyone have any thoughts on the below:

FCA Consumer Credit sourcebook:

"A firm must not ignore or disregard a customer's claim that a debt has been settled or is disputed and must not continue to make demands for payment without providing clear justification and/or evidence as to why the customer's claim is not valid." 7.5.3

"A firm must suspend any steps it takes or its agent takes in the recovery of a debt from a customer where the customer disputes the debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds." 7.14.1

"Where a customer disputes a debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds, the firm must investigate the dispute and provide details of the debt to the customer in a timely manner." 7.14.3

Comment

It's a good idea to get the receipt again for sure, I am going paper this time, recorded (signed for) - even though the post won't wait for a signature the tracking will say delivered etc.,
                      it was a standard recept saying thanking for your email, this has been received blah blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                      X