• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NormallyPAYE
    Perhaps, just perhaps, we can hope that these scumbags will one day realise the worry and anxiety they are inflicting on thousands of workers and their families at this time.
    If you think that people like this would ever even consider the impact to us you are very naive sadly.
    Like all scammers, they do not care for those who they are scamming

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      lots of info in lots of posts

Thanks for all your posts on this so far. You, and others, have helped settle my mind a little regarding all of this so far

Comment

Originally posted by Locumconractor View Post
        Hi,

I have submitted settlement packs for the years I was receiving "loans" and was informed by HMRC counter avoidance that if tax is paid on the "loans" then it is deemed that tax has been paid on income and so there is no longer a loan and I didn't have to pay it back. ..... However I have now received a letter from Felicitas Solutions

I've informed HMRC of this letter and am waiting a reply.

I too would like to know how to join the big group.

Thanks.
        Last time I looked HMRC line officers were not trained in the finer or darker arts of contract analysis (indeed we find that they struggle with some basic tax concepts) and therefore I would be putting very little faith in the words of such a person.

My view is that what the HMRC told you is completely inaccurate.

Tax and contract law are different and it's very possible for the money to be two things simultaneously.

If you have informed HMRC of the latest demand, it will be several weeks before they respond - if at all.

Big Group - go to our webpage and follow the links.

Be aware, Big Group is a tax litigation process and that is NOT what you want.

However we do have a "loan" group that is building quickly.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Felicitas Solutions

Does anyone have any examples of dispute letter for the demands made by Felicitas.
          I dont want to open a can of worms with these guys, so am still debating whether to write back and ask for further details of what exactly I signed for...or just ignore it. I am sure by ignoring it wont go away.
          Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Neha Patel View Post
            Does anyone have any examples of dispute letter for the demands made by Felicitas.
            I dont want to open a can of worms with these guys, so am still debating whether to write back and ask for further details of what exactly I signed for...or just ignore it. I am sure by ignoring it wont go away.
            Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks
            I reckon ignore and it will go away. If you stress about such things, get an adviser.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I reckon ignore and it will go away. If you stress about such things, get an adviser.

Just thought I would say that I spoke to WTT today. They spent 45min answering my questions. He confirmed that over 100 people have joined since the Felicitas letters and expects around 200+ to finally join.

While the £200+VAT is for the initial response which WTT would send on my behalf, I was told that in the worst case scenario, that is if we need to go to court in the IOM, the shared costs for each participant would be between £1k - £1.5K.

I also considered doing nothing as I did a few years ago when THL emailed, but I think that with the transfer of the "debt" to a 3rd party this raises the risk that if not now, than later we will get some demand for payment. My logic is to make a stand now to close the issue instead of fearing what may or may not happen in the future.

With this in mind I will be joining WTT to act on my behalf. I suggest people seek a discussion with WTT, as I did, before making the final decision on what action (if any) you wish to do.

Comment

Originally posted by uplock View Post
                Just thought I would say that I spoke to WTT today. They spent 45min answering my questions. He confirmed that over 100 people have joined since the Felicitas letters and expects around 200+ to finally join.

While the £200+VAT is for the initial response which WTT would send on my behalf, I was told that in the worst case scenario, that is if we need to go to court in the IOM, the shared costs for each participant would be between £1k - £1.5K.

I also considered doing nothing as I did a few years ago when THL emailed, but I think that with the transfer of the "debt" to a 3rd party this raises the risk that if not now, than later we will get some demand for payment. My logic is to make a stand now to close the issue instead of fearing what may or may not happen in the future.

With this in mind I will be joining WTT to act on my behalf. I suggest people seek a discussion with WTT, as I did, before making the final decision on what action (if any) you wish to do.

Not sure you should be posting the above? Seems morally inconceivable given the stress poeple are going through. If I am honest it makes me want to vomit given nothing is for sure. Think I studied the wrong profession clearly.

Apologies if this offends anyone but just merely stating what is obvious from the above

Comment

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
                  Not sure you should be posting the above? Seems morally inconceivable given the stress poeple are going through. If I am honest it makes me want to vomit given nothing is for sure. Think I studied the wrong profession clearly.

Apologies if this offends anyone but just merely stating what is obvious from the above
                  Tax avoidance is a rich man's game - sadly the scheme providers didn't tell you that fact...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Neha Patel View Post
                    Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks
                    Was advised not to respond by several experts; Suggest you get in touch with enquiriesatetctax.co.uk for guidance - very helpful to date and straight to the point; FYI: FCA, IOMFSA, media to name a few have been notified and are following the matter closely; All the best;
                    Last edited by cojak; 19 February 2020, 16:28. Reason: Removed email link

Comment

Reposting this for a possible free option. Read the thread

https://twitter.com/ETCTax/status/1227725082296012801

Some of the above looks rather like advertising.

Comment

Working...
                      X