• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
    one thing that amazes me in all this is I am sure Felicitas have 100% got the message that the general feeling is your joking, bluffing, taking the p1ss etc. This post is still going now some 6 or 7 months after this all started... and guess what.....

They are still continuing persuing with this loan recall.

The legal process is a long winding bumpy road but they seem to be pushing ahead. Takes a long while to get someone into court/legal proceedings. Whilst not engaging them as some seem to be doing is maybe one process I would make sure your fully prepared in the event they do manage to get one or more of you in court.

Thankfully my loans havent been recalled but there is no reason why the provider could not recall them. However if they did and i ended up in a County Court I'd have some tricky questions to answer irrespective of any tax settlement I have had with HMRC, and whilst we are on that subject dont expect HMRC to come to your aid.
    If anything, Felicitas are weakening. From initially sending out demands using a shady outfit like Gladstones, they are now sending demands by email, very much like THL before them. They are doomed to disappear with the loot, just like THL before them. It is purely a scam. When you pay them, a year or two down the line the next lot will turn up and say you owe us and we don't recognise your previous loan writeoff.

If this ever goes to court, I will eat my hat.. and my three-piece suite. They would be opening themselves up to the possibility of going to prison when the spotlight of the law is shone in court over all their nefarious activities during the course of this whole sorry episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
      From initially sending out demands using a shady outfit like Gladstones, they are now sending demands by email...
      They are going about this in a way that smacks of illigitimacy. Not only that, the fact that they are demanding arbitrary sums, with threats, to forgive a supposed "debt" reeks of extortion.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Wtaf View Post
        I wonder who you work for? If this was the case why even go through the hassle of a written contract? I say ignore the fear mongering and treat it like any other spam you receive. I wish before their yachts sink that they get caught up in the moving propeller.
        Because eek (an experienced and known poster) is posting things you don’t like?

Sticking your fingers in your ears and singing la-la-la isn’t going to help.

One of the biggest similarities of all these schemes is the lack of contracts (or any written material for that matter) to reflect what the punter verbally signed up for.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          They are going about this in a way that smacks of illigitimacy. Not only that, the fact that they are demanding arbitrary sums, with threats, to forgive a supposed "debt" reeks of extortion.
          Once again I'm going to have to disappoint you here.

This is a tale as old as time when it comes to chasing old debts without risking your own money.

So let's explain the playbook you would use

You first offer a very good deal to people. Any payments (and other reactions) confirm that some people accept they owe money (useful) and gets the money for the next step.

You make a subsequent offers (less good) and see if some more people take it.

And there is no harm in multiple attempts to ask for money before taking it to court (while you think courts will take exception to that fact, the opposite is true, ideally you should use all none court methods before using the courts time). If you want an example of this look at parking fines where the entire point is to not give up demanding money for 180 days (for them it's a game of attrition).

You then (if you desire) move on to court cases but while doing so you do need to send letters to the people you are not taking to court to avoid any possible subsequent issues. Equally it's perfectly in your rights to not take everyone to court you may decide that it's better to take 10 cases to court and leave the other 90 as not worth the hassle.

Nothing I'm seeing here doesn't match that playbook - the only unknown is whether some people have been taken to court but

1) this thread doesn't represent all scheme members
          2) and you would intentionally avoid WTT and ETC letters until the very end no one on here would know if it was true or not.

So its highly likely that if court cases were taking place at the moment we wouldn't know - but it's equally possible that no one has gone to court yet and never will we don't have the full picture here. The one thing I do suspect is that some people have paid up as otherwise they wouldn't be continuing the work on the claims.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            The one thing I do suspect is that some people have paid up as otherwise they wouldn't be continuing the work on the claims.
            Yes, I suspect that too.

The cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if the sum Felicitas et al are demanding keeps getting reduced until it's in a similar ballpark to what WTT & ETC are charging in fees (a few hundred quid).
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Once again I'm going to have to disappoint you here.
              So its highly likely that if court cases were taking place at the moment we wouldn't know - but it's equally possible that no one has gone to court yet and never will we don't have the full picture here. The one thing I do suspect is that some people have paid up as otherwise they wouldn't be continuing the work on the claims.
              Apart from the fact that IOM court cases are a matter of public record. I could not find any cases perhaps you can?

Isle of Man Judgments Online

and here's what's coming up

https://www.courts.im/media/2462/civil.pdf

and btw you didn't respond to my question about how they can reconcile posters on here with their records?
              Last edited by WoffleCopter; 26 June 2020, 09:00.

Comment

Originally posted by WoffleCopter View Post
                Apart from the fact that IOM court cases are a matter of public record. I could not find any cases perhaps you can?

Isle of Man Judgments Online

and btw you didn't respond to my question about how they can reconcile posters on here with their records?
                Because it isn't worth answering unless you are willing to pay me for expertise I don't provide for free.

Also what do the contracts say, does it specify the courts to be used - as all my contracts explicitly state any disagreements will be heard in a UK court for any contract that isn't going to the USA.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
                  one thing that amazes me in all this is I am sure Felicitas have 100% got the message that the general feeling is your joking, bluffing, taking the p1ss etc. This post is still going now some 6 or 7 months after this all started... and guess what.....

They are still continuing persuing with this loan recall.

The legal process is a long winding bumpy road but they seem to be pushing ahead. Takes a long while to get someone into court/legal proceedings. Whilst not engaging them as some seem to be doing is maybe one process I would make sure your fully prepared in the event they do manage to get one or more of you in court.

Thankfully my loans havent been recalled but there is no reason why the provider could not recall them. However if they did and i ended up in a County Court I'd have some tricky questions to answer irrespective of any tax settlement I have had with HMRC, and whilst we are on that subject dont expect HMRC to come to your aid.
                  My message is be prepared. Nothing legal or factual. The still persuing is based on peoples comments saying they are still getting letters/mails etc. I'm just wondering why they are still sending letters and what if this is more than chancing their arm.

Maybe they are or maybe not, or maybe they just might be putting the wheels in motion to go through our legal system and all these letters (and non-response) would probably go in their favour as evidence. I know from experience that Courts dont take too kindly to a no response attitude.

I personally think they dont have a chance but I recall from earlier comments in this thread they have engaged a debt collecting firm who would certainly know how to play our system.
                  Last edited by lowpaidworker; 26 June 2020, 09:28.

Comment

Originally posted by WoffleCopter View Post

Sorry Woffle but they're not a matter of public record.

Judgements.im tells the reader "Currently this site lists the following:- The vast majority of all publically available judgments handed down from 2002 onwards". The IOM Judiciary (at least in my time here) have never been clear about which judgements appear and which ones don't.

Also your link to up and coming cases needs to be used with caution. You have posted a link to forthcoming "Summary and Small Claims" cases. There are two further separate Divisions of the IOM Courts which deal with "Ordinary" and "Chancery" business. There are slightly different rules applying to each Division and the Claimant in a case determines which Division to make a claim in. There are advantages and disadvantages which a claimant would need to explore with their legal advisors before deciding where to send their case.

Cases are only listed when a hearing of some kind is required. Case Management hearings are common and usually arise when the parties can't agree on something (for example disclosure of documents). You can identify these from the amount of time set aside. Few cases go to a full hearing and most are settled out of Court between the parties and go totally unreported.

There is nowhere to publically see what stage a particular case is at. You have to wait for it to appear on a list and then either turn up and watch, or hope that the media are present and consider that its newsworthy enough to report.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Because it isn't worth answering unless you are willing to pay me for expertise I don't provide for free.

Also what do the contracts say, does it specify the courts to be used - as all my contracts explicitly state any disagreements will be heard in a UK court for any contract that isn't going to the USA.
                      It would be reasonable to expect that if you post on a public forum and make assertions that people's posts can be traced back to them, you should at least explain how. I registered with a disposable email and fabricated Monika as I imagine most have.

As to your second point, I'm not able to say what an unsigned contract I have never seen says, but the talk on here has been that cases would be heard in the IOM.

Comment

Working...
                      X