at a despair - Notice of assessment recevied at a despair - Notice of assessment recevied - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 23 of 23

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Really, don't beat yourself up CS, HMRC are already doing enough of that!

This is the place to vent. If you can't do it here, where can you vent?

(Just don't put up, too much personal info, for your own safety.)
    I have tried venting here. Got me a perma-ban. Took years of begging for admin to let me back....

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    When Her Majesty's Revenue merged with Customs and Excise, they took the serious access rights of Customs and Excise and combined it with the lower oversight of Revenue. Then they just let things simmer for a few years..
    Add in retrospection being considered okay in 2008. But it was fine as long as those afected pay their "fair" share. Now contractorsare being asked to pay their "fair" share suddenly the complaints start....

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by webberg View Post
    HMRC are immensely powerful in Gov't and think that they can literally get away with anything from intimidating taxpayers to ignoring the rule of law to lying to Parliament. Unfortunately, they have done all of this and have not been reprimanded.
    They are like the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad back in the 70s and 80s.

West Midlands Serious Crime Squad - Wikipedia

The Police knew who the criminals were but couldn't pin anything on them, so they fitted them up instead.

HMRC take the same attitude with scheme users. The ends (nailing them) justify the means (lying and dishonesty).