Anyone NOT settling? Anyone NOT settling? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 15 of 15

Should post faster

Looks like I won't be able to settle because the incompetents have yet to come back with a repayment plan.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by demby View Post
    Looks like I won't be able to settle because the incompetents have yet to come back with a repayment plan.
    They've had 10 working days WTF aren't you ringing them at 9am every morning to find out what is happening.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Super poster

It's YOUR obligation to send HMRC an offer (payment plan or otherwise) and the is NO OBLIGATION on HMRC to propose a plan to you.

Failing to make that plan available to HMRC for consideration could lose you a settlement.

Your choice.

If you want to settle on present terms, as the man said, I'd be calling them every day (which I am).
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by webberg View Post
    It's YOUR obligation to send HMRC an offer (payment plan or otherwise) and the is NO OBLIGATION on HMRC to propose a plan to you.

Failing to make that plan available to HMRC for consideration could lose you a settlement.

Your choice.

If you want to settle on present terms, as the man said, I'd be calling them every day (which I am).
    So what was the point of me filling in the financial questionnaire that they sent to me?

I don't see anywhere where is says "give us a call and make us an offer"

Why did they say "How much can you afford to pay"?

Instead of sending a 10 page questionnaire which took them 2 months to send why not drop me an email and ask me to give them a number?

Super poster

So what was the point of me filling in the financial questionnaire that they sent to me?

I don't see anywhere where is says "give us a call and make us an offer"

Why did they say "How much can you afford to pay"?

Instead of sending a 10 page questionnaire which took them 2 months to send why not drop me an email and ask me to give them a number?
    Because if you read all the way to the bottom of the page it says (in so many words) that any offer will be rejected if it exceeds the disposal income (income less expenses) or is a very high proportion of that disposable figure.

Further the financial information is provided so that HMRC can see what funds are available. Just as they will not allow instalments to exceed monthly disposable, they will expect liquid funds to be utilised toward payment.

This is a well trodden path with extensive guidelines and perversely an area in which HMRC is knowledgeable and usually pretty accurate. Being in wilful denial of the legal obligations, process, parameters and choosing not to access HMRC's views is not sensible if your intention is to settle.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).