• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    But from the reaction by Felicitas to this forum it seems that this thread has resulted in far more people disputing the demand than Felicitas thought / hoped would be the case.
    Good! (And, in no small part, down to you.)
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:25.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

If you miss the deadline, this kicks of a process. Get legal advice now about how to handle this. All is not lost, but it's suddenly got a lot more difficult.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Felicitas are staggering the release of the statutory demands in order to catch people out in the chance that they are not aware of having received a statutory demand and do not dispute it on time.

If they released them all at the same time in a fixed two-week window then people would be expecting them as word would get around that Felicitas are sending out statutory demands and people would be less likely to overlook that mail.

Keep an eye on your mail and if they are abusing the statutory demand process and send you a statutory demand for an already disputed debt then dispute it again by following the SD disputation process. Make sure you specify your costs of disputing the debt which you'd want to recover should they in the unlikely event want to take it to court.

As they are flogging a dead horse in terms of the meat and bones of the disputed loans case, these lame attempts are the only possible way that they can manage to scam the scammed for more money.

Comment

Even my missus, who has zero sympathy for tax duckers (including me for getting us into a mess ), thinks this stinks.
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:26.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Statutory Demand arrives a couple of days ago

Oh my god! I now have a statutory demand from "Statutory Law Ltd" for contracting money I earned and paid tax on in 2013. Ive appointed a solicitor (at significant cost) who is going to file paperwork at my local court.
            This seems really serious now, and if this goes in their favour, its bankruptcy and ruin for me and my family.
            I have done nothing wrong, I havent 'borrowed' money, Ive always paid all my taxes - how the hell does this happen, and how do they get away with it?
            I wish I never became a contractor, the amount of grief and heartache from unscupulous players like HMRC and this offshore company - I just cant bear it

Comment

Deep breath - you can do this, just follow this post:

Originally posted by Shay58 View Post
              Just to let everyone know that I received a statutory demand from Felicitas and I wrote to the court (whichever court is mentioned in the statutory demand) I completed a IAA form (which you can download from gov website) I also attached a witness statement and asked for the Statutory Demand to be set aside, I was then written back from the courts to say a telephone hearing would be scheduled in January - after 5 days Felicitas withdrew the Statutory Demand - please do not ignore but respond to the court immediately with some form of acknowledgement - I didn't use a solicitor I did this myself it was not difficult - but SD has now been withdrawn.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by danhackle View Post
                Oh my god! I now have a statutory demand from "Statutory Law Ltd" for contracting money I earned and paid tax on in 2013. Ive appointed a solicitor (at significant cost) who is going to file paperwork at my local court.
                This seems really serious now, and if this goes in their favour, its bankruptcy and ruin for me and my family.
                I have done nothing wrong, I havent 'borrowed' money, Ive always paid all my taxes - how the hell does this happen, and how do they get away with it?
                I wish I never became a contractor, the amount of grief and heartache from unscupulous players like HMRC and this offshore company - I just cant bear it
                Ah you have a solicitor, then they will do the biz for you.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Ah you have a solicitor, then they will do the biz for you.
                  So given that this seems to be the beginning of the second wave of letters:-

If you get a statutory demand - don't ignore it and while you could deal with it yourself it's better to get a lawyer to deal with it.

If you have used WTT for any initial letters speak to them.

If you just want a lawyer / solicitor to respond Fawcetts have been mentioned on here and WTT may be an option but all lawyers who deal with any commercial law will be able to deal with this.

The only thing that I will say is that if you get a demand you drop what you are doing and deal with it immediately as priority 1 - yes it's annoying but the deadlines for Statutory demands are tight (as they designed to be) and just because Felicitas are completely abusing them doesn't mean the deadlines can be ignored. Oh and Christmas isn't an excuse.
                  Last edited by cojak; 15 December 2020, 11:27. Reason: my bold...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I wonder how Felicitas justify this in their own minds?

Likely answers below.

1) The schemes were sold to people with the assurance that the loans would never need to be repaid.
                    2) People already paid a lot of fees to the original promoters (at least 10% of gross invoiced).
                    3) People have now had to pay tax on the loans, reflecting the reality that this was never genuine lending.
                    4) People have reportedly committed suicide because of these loans.
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:27.

Comment

You are given them too much credit
                      Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:28.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X