EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS - Page 34
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Posts 331 to 333 of 333

Super poster

Agree with the above.

We often hear clients saying that they are

"self employed via my own company"

That makes no sense.

A self employed person will be a sole trader or perhaps in partnership.

If you have a company of which you are a director, you are an office holder and/or employee of the company.

In tax terms, in that situation, the company and you are separate tax personalities.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by piebaps View Post
    Yes it is.

I've been reading it this afternoon and have produced what is not so much an analysis as a series of questions as to how far the judgement extends.

In short, is this limited to companies in some form of insolvency - or which has completed an insolvency but can be reinstated - or is the decision that a payment to an EBT is an unlawful distribution of company capital, one that can apply in circumstances outside insolvency?

If it is the case that money taken from a company whilst in insolvency and there is a possibility/probability that HMRC wants tax, which the directors are responsible for, then all those who sold mass marketed schemes might be rather uncomfortable this afternoon.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).