• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
    I've had a big email exchange with them over the last couple of days and contrary to what they are saying about defending us etc etc, I do not feel that they are in my opinion. What they are doing is defending their scheme which we just seem to be part of the process as ex users. If we're bankrupted tomorrow by HMRC, AML do not care. So I think we need a big push back against them and some for of legal action starting.

Most of them are doing the same. Saying all is well and it will hold up in court etc but you know it won't. So you end up using someone else and they wash their hands of you and they eventually vanish into thin air with no comeback sadly

Comment

Originally posted by bluemonkey71 View Post
      Most of them are doing the same. Saying all is well and it will hold up in court etc but you know it won't. So you end up using someone else and they wash their hands of you and they eventually vanish into thin air with no comeback sadly
      It might very well hold up in court. It all depends on whether the scheme was implemented correctly, and if indeed they did execute all steps they should have executed and not cut any corners.
      Truth is, there is not much promoters can do about APNs. But they can defend their structures, and some indeed will (that HMRC is doing everything they can to delay this is another story).
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        It might very well hold up in court. It all depends on whether the scheme was implemented correctly, and if indeed they did execute all steps they should have executed and not cut any corners.
        Truth is, there is not much promoters can do about APNs. But they can defend their structures, and some indeed will (that HMRC is doing everything they can to delay this is another story).
        Most will never know if it holds up in court as I know very few promoters that will take it all the way and cover the costs

Comment

Originally posted by bluemonkey71 View Post
          Most will never know if it holds up in court as I know very few promoters that will take it all the way and cover the costs
          Correct. And that's precisely what Gauke and HMRC are betting on.

Comment

But if the first set of schemes win, it will be easier for group to follow and get APN money back once precedence is set. Will only be an option for those who don't settle.
            Eagerly awaiting ingenious case and if the win what will HMRC have to say[emoji3]

Comment

I know ingenious has nothing to do with contractor schemes but we will know what happen in case HMRC lose and some have paid APN.

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
                But if the first set of schemes win, it will be easier for group to follow and get APN money back once precedence is set. Will only be an option for those who don't settle.
                Eagerly awaiting ingenious case and if the win what will HMRC have to say[emoji3]
                What has Ingenious to do with contractor structures? Nothing...

Comment

AML & HMRC

Back in January I received a inquiry into 2011-12 return and they wanted lots of info by the 12th Jan.

Forwarded to AML, who took it on and were dealing with HMRC on our behalf, they subsequently took off the deadline. ANyway, keep getting emails from AML stating that the deadline is off and will let me know details when agreed. How long can this go on for?

Comment

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
                    Back in January I received a inquiry into 2011-12 return and they wanted lots of info by the 12th Jan.

Forwarded to AML, who took it on and were dealing with HMRC on our behalf, they subsequently took off the deadline. ANyway, keep getting emails from AML stating that the deadline is off and will let me know details when agreed. How long can this go on for?
                    Me too, have asked for authority letters for AML to act on my behalf to be sent to AML. Nothing substantial, repeated lines of defense but what next indeed.
                    http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

These are for non-dotas schemes, so I guess until HMRC make their move regarding these, I guess it is cat & mouse. Personally, I believe the will follow the same APN fate..... Eventually.
                      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Working...
                      X