• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries EBT - Castlemaine and general questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dezze View Post
    If it's shareable, then we're all ears - we need some good news on these forums. If it isn't keep it to yourself. We aren't the only ones reading all this.
    It sounds very positive indeed and it really has put my mind at rest, I guess it maybe best not to mention any details as they did say they will be contacting everyone that used the Horizon scheme. If you were part of it then if they haven't spoken to you already then they will be doing so soon, happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by BenDover View Post
      It sounds very positive indeed and it really has put my mind at rest, I guess it maybe best not to mention any details as they did say they will be contacting everyone that used the Horizon scheme. If you were part of it then if they haven't spoken to you already then they will be doing so soon, happy days!
      It's been a little while since I haven't had any contact and some good news would be very welcome.

I will post something when I hear from them.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by LudoP View Post
        It's been a little while since I haven't had any contact and some good news would be very welcome.

I will post something when I hear from them.

Cheers
        I'm sure you know, but don't forget that there are eyes on this forum that don't have your best interests at heart.

Comment

HMRC Lose Appeal Against Rangers FC

I was told that this would be the result

BBC News - Rangers: HMRC loses appeal over ruling in Big Tax Case

Comment

Originally posted by BenDover View Post
            Don't get too excited. Several personal cases are being referred back for further examination. The Rangers' EBT may be OK, it's who's allowed to benefit from it that's the key question.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Don't get too excited. Several personal cases are being referred back for further examination. The Rangers' EBT may be OK, it's who's allowed to benefit from it that's the key question.
              The ones being referred back don't appear to relate to loans out of the EBT directly, more to end of contract payments.
              EBTs managed correctly were effective, it really depends on the scheme.
              It does show that, despite government orchestrated hysteria, the courts will follow the letter if the Law.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                The referral back re guaranteed bonus is nothing to do with EBT/RT law.

But I agree, still will not help much as APNs will be implemented.

Comment

Looks like the list of possible APN schemes has been published. Not sure if the Horizon/Arnica schemes are on there as it's just a list do SRNs.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._July_2014.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by rufusTfirefly View Post
                    Looks like the list of possible APN schemes has been published. Not sure if the Horizon/Arnica schemes are on there as it's just a list do SRNs.

No they are not on the list.

Comment

Can anyone answer, what does it mean specifically if Horizon/Arnica scheme is not on the list below

Comment

Working...
                      X