• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside IR35 PS contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Correct, but I wouldn't touch a contract with such broad transfer of liability clauses, enforceable or otherwise. Guff clauses are often used as leverage via threats to test them, and that could be an expensive game. Never sign a contract with crap that shouldn't be there.
    Fair enough. My point was that these are likely generic.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
      Fair enough. My point was that these are likely generic.
      Yep, understood, just noting that it's best to get them removed. Happens a lot with non-compete clauses too - best to get them removed from the start, because they're generally unenforceable unless there's some specific/concrete knowledge that needs to be protected.

Comment

Sounds to me that Agencies need to up their game and make sure that new contracts have had due diligence applied.

Saying these are just generic terms is not good enough TBH

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex View Post
          Sounds to me that Agencies need to up their game and make sure that new contracts have had due diligence applied.

Saying these are just generic terms is not good enough TBH
          The agencies have been duly diligent. They're trying their hardest to pass the liability down the line. Whatever way Andy tries to dress it up, that clause can be seen as a way for agencies to declare outside then pass the buck.

It's pretty much been my concern all along - how responsible for the fine/back tax will the agency be? While it's a generic clause, I'd want an extra clause inserting, confirm that "the above clause in no way exonerates the agency from its financial obligations should the contract later be deemed inside IR35 while initially being declared outside IR35."
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
          X