• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eek's we're all doomed theory

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
    You might not delete posts, but you are king of the edit.

Talking of point scoring, where are you off to, and how much does your hotel cost?
    FTAOD, not questioning the usefulness of the majority of eek's posts, but the attitude could do with a little work.
    Well my attitude could equally be **** you sunshine and as of now it is. See ya. I'm off to follow zeitys example and delete posts starting with the faq.
    Last edited by administrator; 26 March 2017, 10:51. Reason: Swearing
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Well my attitude could equally be **** you sunshine and as of now it is. See ya. I'm off to follow zeitys example and delete posts starting with the faq.
      nobody is questioning the amount of help and resources you have put in. Even if some of it may be a tad too negative (IMO only). but it sort of feels you are being David Beckham ish in not getting your knighthood.

Have a lovely break I mean it.
      Last edited by administrator; 26 March 2017, 10:51. Reason: Swear quote

Comment

Eek - I found your what's changed posts useful

Thankyou.

Too much gloom - maybe/maybe not..... logically we wont know for a a while/months

Comment

Originally posted by John Lane View Post
          Thankyou.

Too much gloom - maybe/maybe not..... logically we wont know for a a while/months
          Well at least you can't say you weren't told...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Do tell!

(Hope it wasn't my recent post in LR!)
            It was your view of the ESS - "it's pants"
            https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              One of my more erudite and profound musings
              Last edited by teapot418; 27 March 2017, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Well at least you can't say you weren't told...
                Agreed - better to paint worst case scenario than have people get a nasty shock. Will be an interesting few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                  I don't think it's a unique view but it's probably the only one that's repeatable.

Perhaps if HMRC actually sent a briefing document to explain what constituted a role being inside or outside IR35 to those making the determination, there would be a better chance of the correct determination being made? Currently there are too many reports of blanket decisions being made in either direction, which indicates a lack of understanding and PSBs being risk averse is trumping that understanding by some margin. All I see HMRC doing at the moment is muddying the IR35 waters in their favour at the risk of productivity within the public sector.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Perhaps if CUK actually sent a briefing document to explain what constituted a role being inside or outside IR35 to those making the determination, there would be a better chance of the correct determination being made?
                    FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                      FTFY.
                      Somebody, any body, please, won't someone think of the children?!?!
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X