• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the IR35 Draft Legislation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of the IR35 Draft Legislation?

Hi and apologies if this has been already covered -

What's the state of the post-April 2020 IR35 legislation changes?

If this is just draft legislation, given the current political climate, is there a chance that the government will not have the power to vote it?

Surely it would be worth you doing a little more work to understand what is going to completely change the face of contracting in the next 4 months??
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

From what I understand the said changes will be included as part of the Finance Bill 2019-20 and are not live yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
        From what I understand the said changes will be included as part of the Finance Bill 2019-20 and are not live yet.
        I hope the OP thanks you for answering his question.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
          Hi and apologies if this has been already covered -

What's the state of the post-April 2020 IR35 legislation changes?

If this is just draft legislation, given the current political climate, is there a chance that the government will not have the power to vote it?
          Given that the majority of banks are no longer going to be doing business with contractors working through limited companies, I think it's fair to assume it is going to be formalised...

Comment

The policy of extending the changes to the private sector has been announced and I think there are very few who would be able to argue that they were unaware.

Tax legislation very often trails the announcements of policy.

The banks and others have reacted as though that policy will be enacted (or more precisely ratified) because they have to make some radical changes to how they have operated for the last two decades.

If by some miracle this legislation fails to find the statute book, then the banks etc can easily postpone their deadline or change their mind or just hold plans in abeyance.

However, abandoning the decision already made and reverting to contractors being a large part of their workforce, would be very disruptive. Most departmental budgets were agreed months ago and given the links between budgets and cash flow and financial statements built into their accounting systems, it is no easy task to change course.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
            X