• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside IR35 to a perm...best timing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trailfinder09 View Post
    sorry to keep boring you... so to clarify, there is no difference at what moment to go perm? I hate perm jobs...but bills need to be paid
    Not quite. You're OK as long as your last payment as a contractor is cleared before April 5th.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

thanks everyone for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Not quite. You're OK as long as your last payment as a contractor is cleared before April 5th.
        Most agencies pay via BACS thus it has to clear by the 3rd April (4th/5th are weekend and non BACS calendar days)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Here's one for you!

I put an invoice in on the 28th Feb, which is the last day of MyCo's financial year so is included in this years books, to paid after the 6th April.

Technically I could be charged CT & VAT on this invoice but the invoice be ultimately paid PAYE (of course this would only be a problem if your accounts are done on receipt of payment not invoice generation)
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My agency was very helpful, they confirmed my final pay for March will be paid on 3rd April.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
              My agency was very helpful, they confirmed my final pay for March will be paid on 3rd April.
              I wouldn't take such risk. What if the payment doesn't clear on the same day, or if the agency turns out to have cashflow problems, etc etc?

Comment

HMRC don't have the resources to chase down every edge case .
                I am sure HMRC system is smart enough to evaluate whats changed and filter and trigger backdate. I cant believe HMRC system is so old that they have to manually go through each and every case to identify contractors who fall under IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanaiya View Post
                  I am sure HMRC system is smart enough to evaluate whats changed and filter and trigger backdate. I cant believe HMRC system is so old that they have to manually go through each and every case to identify contractors who fall under IR35.
                  No, they use their iXBRL-enabled data to match up company and personal accounts with the RTI data and look for anomalies. But that doesn't mean they have hundreds of qualified inspectors just sat waiting to leap on every case; they will most likely take a random sample.

So one way to keep under the radar is to follow the rules scrupulously...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

But that doesn't mean they have hundreds of qualified inspectors just sat waiting to leap on every case; they will most likely take a random sample.
                    Or send a nudge letter to every match on their list per GSK?

Comment

No, they use their iXBRL-enabled data to match up company and personal accounts with the RTI data and look for anomalies. But that doesn't mean they have hundreds of qualified inspectors just sat waiting to leap on every case; they will most likely take a random sample.

So one way to keep under the radar is to follow the rules scrupulously...
                      No disrespect. But I believe HMRC must have upgraded there system to trigger the letter on click of the button.

Comment

Working...
                      X