• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regarding expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    ...So, if you want to take a laptop that is owned by a company, and then use it yourself for personal use (or for other companies), then you (personally) need to buy it off the first company...
    I think that we should clarify one small point for little Pete: fair, personal use of a company equipment (e.g. a laptop) is allowed. BUT, one cannot buy equipment exclusively for personal use via the company.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      I think that we should clarify one small point for little Pete: fair, personal use of a company equipment (e.g. a laptop) is allowed. BUT, one cannot buy equipment exclusively for personal use via the company.
      Yes I agree on the fair use part. Unfortunately he doesn't understand the difference between business use by his company and using it for work when not using his company.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Yes I agree on the fair use part. Unfortunately he doesn't understand the difference between business use by his company and using it for work when not using his company.
        Agreed.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

If I'm having to use my own equipment then I'd expect some sort of outside leaning. They can provide their own bleddy equipment if they want me inside IR35! Or at least pay me some extra day rate to cover purchase thereof.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
            £745 a MONTH? Where th are you traveling to/from??
            Travelling from Stoke On Trent to Milton Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Golden rule of contracting. Check out the travel time and costs before agreeing a rate.
              Initially it was Outside IR 35. Suddenly they changed to Inside IR35. Agents are pushing me to select one from their own list of Umbrella companies. This is where I was struck

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                Cheaper renting a room..
                Renting a room is more expensive

Comment

Has PeterSim come to terms with the rules around travel yet?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X