• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thinking of leaving IT over IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'm all for living for today, absolutely. I just want to make sure tomorrow is covered too...
    zat no whit ah said, like, hen??

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      I disagree

Live your life now, not when you are 1/2 deed and old duffer

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Well, according to life expectancy tables, I've at least another 30 years to go.. And regular 10-15k runs each week don't seem to have made me either an "old duffer" or "deed" yet.

Seriously, 5% of my gross annual turnover as a contractor going into my pension (tax free) over the years hardly left me slumming it.

Not sent from my Android phone using Contractor UK Forum
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
        Well, according to life expectancy tables, I've at least another 30 years to go.. And regular 10-15k runs each week don't seem to have made me either an "old duffer" or "deed" yet.

Seriously, 5% of my gross annual turnover as a contractor going into my pension (tax free) over the years hardly left me slumming it.

Not sent from my Android phone using Contractor UK Forum
        s'what i said.
        you can do both.
        tax free 25%, then taxed as you take it?, currently.

Comment

I once worked with a guy that left IT and started a landscaping business. Personally I would like to be a full time properly investor, but working outside(outdoors) would be good as well. I'll probably leave the UK before I stop working in IT. Many good people going to leave the UK due to this war on contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSim View Post
            I once worked with a guy that left IT and started a landscaping business. Personally I would like to be a full time properly investor, but working outside(outdoors) would be good as well. I'll probably leave the UK before I stop working in IT. Many good people going to leave the UK due to this war on contractors.
            Quite a few of us already did.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Where did you go if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Where did you go if you don't mind me asking?
                Not at all, for the purpose of retaining some anonymity here, I'll just say - Middle East > Far East > Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  Not at all, for the purpose of retaining some anonymity here, I'll just say - Middle East > Far East > Australia.
                  Australia sounds awesome. I might just start applying now.

Comment

Australia sounds awesome. I might just start applying now.
                    Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                      That's how you get pushed into submission. Continuous pressure, little hints thrown out into the conversation telling you: "You are not good enough" "Work harder" You know you are one of the best around but rubbish, it's not enough. The person there wants all he can get.
                      Continuous meetings about "doing the right thing", you are expected to embrace all these joyful ideas and buzz words and play around with them and mingle with the rest of the herd. Don't forget about the team buildings where you are studied and even further brainwashed. It is mandatory as well to go. Don't dare saying a word that can be interpreted another way and that undermines their "culture" because you'll quickly be put to your place, you ungrateful worker.
                      Let's not forget everything is about culture nowadays, they are all so proud of it, I get nauseous even hearing the word. It's a bacterial culture that is what it is.
                      You get pushed and pushed until one point where you don't see any other option, you've had enough of the tulip show, you are tired, so you succumb into the idea and become another brainless permi.
                      Don't even get me started in the office politics.
                      ha ha 100% agree with you. I cannot see myself doing that ever again and only been contracting for couple of years. This year permies didn't get paid bonuses (4k a year) they were promised because the company did not meet 100% target although almost all the permies met their individual targets. BS i'd say.

Comment

Working...
                      X