• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Bonus"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Bonus"

Currently outside.
    Contract ends 3/4.
    Client reluctant to specify any new contract as outside.
    Still work to do.
    Client has suggested I include 20 x day rate as "bonus" on my final invoice.
    I then continue during April but no further invoices from me.
    Any thoughts? Or is it time to call it a day?

Technically, the legislation relates to services provided from 6 April so pre-payment doesn't get you around that.

Comment

I wonder if HMRC may have thought of that and be looking out for it?
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Funny that the client is flexible enough to do crazy stuff like paying you 20 days in advance but unwilling to do the simple thing of just treating you like a contractor.

Comment

If you are worried enough to post on here then its probably a bad move.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingToTheBeachSoon View Post
            Currently outside.
            Contract ends 3/4.
            Client reluctant to specify any new contract as outside.

Still work to do.
            Client has suggested I include 20 x day rate as "bonus" on my final invoice.
            I then continue during April but no further invoices from me.
            Any thoughts? Or is it time to call it a day?
            Your current contract is not outside then.

Call it a day, please. It’s not worth the risk.

It’s funny... your so-called client is desperately asking for you (an employee, even now, it’s clear from their determined thinking of not accepting to make it outside iR35) and wants to somehow desperately avoid paying the employer NI. Shameful.

Anyway, back to your question... avoid and walk.

Comment

How have you got to 3 weeks before the legislation hits and still don't know the basics? A fairly good understanding of the situation would mean probably wouldn't need to ask questions like this and you may even have half a chance of working something out with the client.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X