Another solution for a problem that no longer exists Another solution for a problem that no longer exists
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

bored now

Default Another solution for a problem that no longer exists

34square - the outside IR35 freelance hub :: Home has just appeared in my regular IR35 linkedIn search.

It's another substitution portal that thinks substitution is a magic bullet for HMRC picking an embarrassing case and asking for the other 2000 to be taken into consideration after winning.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Double Godlike!

Another money making scam! Woo!

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Yep - it wouldn't be so bad but yesterday I had a separate argument over expenses where someone was quoting how to claim for stays and I'm like - can't see how that works given how HMRC's expenses guidance is phrased and the examples within it.

Mind you the next question was why won't the agency let me use this dodgy umbrella I do so love the oil industry.

bored now

Also I don't think it's intentionally a scam (unlike a loan scheme where even the organisers know its a try on nowadays) - I really do think they think it will work.

The issue they don't understand is that it's the end clients who are responsible for making the decisions and the bans are coming from high up as senior management trust neither their local managers nor the contractors themselves not to screw things up.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Also I don't think it's intentionally a scam (unlike a loan scheme where even the organisers know its a try on nowadays) - I really do think they think it will work.

The issue they don't understand is that it's the end clients who are responsible for making the decisions and the bans are coming from high up as senior management trust neither their local managers nor the contractors themselves not to screw things up.
    Fair point. To be generous, it's naive. I worry that the greener / greedier contractor will sign up expecting a magic bullet and the company will disappear the minute they get a few challenges in.

My post count is Majestic

Not sure I'd trust a company to keep me on the safe side of the law who's website doesn't even appear to be adhering to it
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Not sure I'd trust a company to keep me on the safe side of the law who's website doesn't even appear to be adhering to it
    Not to mention the spelling mistakes.

Click here to Secure you first 500 member spot
    Were you talking about the errors on the company details?
    34square Limited, company number 12495418 with a registered address of Wingfield House, Brunstead Road, Branksome Gardens, Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom, BH12 1EJ

CoHo registered address: 22 Sanderson House, Station Road, Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom, LS18 5NT
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

Contractor Among Contractors

I like how the "Who we are" section does precisely nothing to explain who they are.

bored now

Fair point. To be generous, it's naive. I worry that the greener / greedier contractor will sign up expecting a magic bullet and the company will disappear the minute they get a few challenges in.
    There won't be challenges - what I suspect will happen is that the average contractor will be surprised to discover everything is inside because current market conditions allow it.