• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Picking your nose at your desk.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el duder
    Have been doing it for years. Any other contractors familiar with this behaviour at your desk?
    Yes and I wish people would do it at their own desks

And don't get me started on breaking wind
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
      Ewww ... that was you? What about all the other bogeys that remain there? It seems reasonable to assume that we are talking about the same office given that I've never seen this bizarre habit take place anywhere else in my life.
      It was a one off survey ! What colour is it now ? I haven't inspected it for a year or so.

Comment

Someone flicked one at me once in college and it landed on my bottom lip.

I can't put into words the sense of panic you feel when someone's nose litter is mm away from your mouth. Needless to say I completely wigged out whilst everyone else ripped up.

I was like the bloke out of RoboCop before he gets shot by ED-209 in the board room, with everyone pushing me away in case the gronker leapt off my lip onto them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut

I can't put into words the sense of panic you feel when someone's nose litter is mm away from your mouth. Needless to say I completely wigged out whilst everyone else ripped up.

I was like the bloke out of RoboCop before he gets shot by ED-209 in the board room, with everyone pushing me away in case the gronker leapt off my lip onto them.

that is very very funny!

Comment

Have been doing it for years. Any other contractors familiar with this behaviour at your desk?
            No I tend to make sure they don't see me, especially if I'm hungry!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Many many many years ago in a fit of young imature pique, I stuck one of my pubic hairs to the inside mouth piece of my boss's phone - never did get to know if got to much it.

Comment

On the wall

I've seen that twice, both in different offices of the same client. I even got one of the staffers to raise it formally at their "job satasfaction forum" thingy.

It's the most disgusting thing in the world and if I ever catch anyone in the act I'm going to drown them in the bowl.

Comment

that is very very funny!
                  Fecking wasn't at the time. Almost 20 years ago and I'm clearly still traumatised by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut

Excellent analogy.

Reminds me of the time I was flicking small pieces of blue tack about the staff rec room at a place I worked at as a student. Got my mate plum on the bottom lip. He quitely gazed down, removed the blue tack and carried on with his conversation.

Comment

And two pages, no less, of replies to this fecking toss!

In the words of the dear departed Peter Cook:

Now is the time to say Goodbye
                      Now is the time to yield a sigh (yield it, yield it)
                      Now is the time to wend our waaaayeeeeee
                      Until we meet again
                      Some sunny day.

Goodbye
                      Goodbye
                      We're leaving now,
                      Tattybye
                      Goodbye
                      We wish you all goodbye
                      Fartatata, fartatata..

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X