• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchanging frantic (on her part) emails with LOUD pm, who is attempting to use a feature of a system that went live 3 months ago. She is being assessed on her KPIs tomorrow, one of which is to get her stuff in the system done.

System's doing what they said they wanted. 4:30pm today should be leaving it a bit late to realise they left out a few key requirements...

Luckily, I'm "a star", so she will meet her KPIs. Perhaps she will revise her rather negative opinion of contractors too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Call out to a Windows Script Host file that does things sensibly and returns the result?
      You can do it in situ with hideous calculations so I'm doing it in situ with hideous calculations.

The comments include a link to a university page explaining the calculation (not that I think it will help any poor soul trying to work out what is happening. Especially when I merge all three lines into 1..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Ah.
        No.
        Ted.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Had a lovely pork chop from Chatsworth for dinner. It was advertised as a "Rare Breed" chop, and was a bit more expensive than the other (presumably common as muck) pork chops; but it really was very nice

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Writing dos batch files because an architect thinks its a good idea and I look old fashioned scripting (plus I was off last week when it was suggested so its too late to change the plan)..

Just trying to work out how to insert a few GOTO commands for entertainment value....
            I love my batch files!

I can pretty much do anything with them, including an entire Lotus Notes 4 to 6 upgrade which scanned the subnet for all active IP addresses, uninstalled the old version, installed the new, set up the config and then wrote out to a log which addressed had been upgraded yet.

Yes it could have been done with VB but meh, I know what I know and won't change until I have to!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              You can do it in situ with hideous calculations so I'm doing it in situ with hideous calculations.

The comments include a link to a university page explaining the calculation (not that I think it will help any poor soul trying to work out what is happening. Especially when I merge all three lines into 1..
              Totally lost now.

Comment

I think the last batch file I wrote concatenated two HEX files & deleted one of the EOF records.

It may have sorted said files into ascending address order as well, IIRC.

It called EDLIN.

Comment

Remembered to put the lentils in the lentil soup this week.

And some salt.

Comment

And now, having watched this week's CSI and Longmire (which required a 5 minute bit from 5 on demand coz the tape ran out), I think it's time for bed.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X