• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Frost on the stable roof

Sun's up now though, so with a bit of luck the car won't need scraping by the time I get out there

Comment

Sun and blue sky! Looks like it might be chilly though, but doubt I'll find out until at least lunchtime.

Comment

Drove in this morning since I'm off to the crem at 10:30 to attend the funeral of a cousin.

Got here at least 20 minutes earlier than if I'd caught the train.

And it's sunny, dry & chilly.

Plus I get to wear my solitary size 16 white shirt, which is the only one I can wear a tie with and avoid strangling myself.

It comes out for weddings & an ever increasing number of funerals.

And not forgetting the Clarks(tm) black brogues.

I seem to be turning into Strangelove Pater.

I almost made the mistake of driving to the civic amenity site on the way in, largely because it's become nearly automatic to go that way.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all clear blue skies on a nice dog walk earlier. Meetings all day then sitting in an airport lounge later.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Roast pork and apple sauce on a wholemeal bap, with crisps, for lunch

Just finished (for certain values of “finished”) a feature, and another one that had been sidelined a while back has been checked and deemed enough to be going on with, so they’re going to get me cracking on a new requirement that’s not long come in from the business.

Let’s hope I can get it done in five-and-a-half days

Comment

Odd sort of funeral.

No hymns.

No singing.

For which relief much thanks.

First music:

Next music:

Final music: can't remember.

At the "wake", what I thought to be a skotch egg turned out to be a potato croquet. At least that's wot I think it was.

All in all, a vaguely interesting way to spend 3 hours.

Then took the car home in case it was getting panicky about being away for so long, only to find the builders next door tipping black plaster out of the upstairs windows, causing vast clouds of dust.

Managed to get in Strangelove Towers without getting covered in it.

Changed out of suit, collected the "redirected mail" which hadn't been, then missed the train to Swansea by 30 seconds.

Ho fecking hum.

Met people that I don't know from sides of the family that are remarkably distant.

So now I'm sat in here, bored tulipless, listening to the pic programming revision.

3rd piece:
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 May 2018, 21:42.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home!

Five more days…

Comment

Chernobyl class chilli con carne for dinner - made my eyelids perspire, so it did

and all because - Those Scotch Bonnets needed to be Eaten.

Comment

Sitting with my back to the window, I've been able to get through three chapters of my book without putting the light on. Quite a good idea, these lighter evenings

Comment

Working...
                      X