• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished my book about the shipping industry. Not sure what to read next

It's raining here now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Finally finished my book about the shipping industry.
      Hopefully, you'll get into fewer shipping accidents now....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        Hopefully, you'll get into fewer shipping accidents now....

I've sometimes thought of getting that book since I first heard about it, but it was out of print last time I checked - maybe one day I'll come across it in a secondhand bookshop

Comment

You know that look your dog gives you after a walk, the one that says “I won’t forget where you buried the bodies”?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Chicken tikka masala with rice and naan for tea

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              You know that look your dog gives you after a walk, the one that says “I won’t forget where you buried the bicycles and bodies”?
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                FTFY
                or do you put the bicycles on Ebay???

Comment

This evenng's televisual feast was "Passenger 57" with Wesley Snipes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105104/

It was ok in its fairly limited way.

How things have changed.

There were no F16s alongside trying to shoot it down in 1992.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    or do you put the bicycles on Ebay???
                    Until someone invents a biodegradable bike, they won’t be buried.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      This evenng's televisual feast was "Passenger 57" with Wesley Snipes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105104/

It was ok in its fairly limited way.

How things have changed.

There were no F16s alongside trying to shoot it down in 1992.
                      That pops up a lot on the "punters also watched" thingy on iTunes. I'll probably end up watching it for want of anything better to do at some point

Tonight's movie magic opened with Patriots Day (2016), based on the true story of the Boston Marathon Bombing the other year. Started slowly, being based on the fact of a Bank Holiday Monday in Boston, but soon picked up, and managed to keep the obligatory "We're Americans and therefore more important and better than everybody else in the world" bit down to a few minutes

Overall, pretty good I thought.

This was followed by Man on Fire (2004), which could have been an excellent action movie if the director hadn't somehow developed the mistaken impression that he was creating a work of art rather than a film. So there's a load of bulltulip visual nonsense going on that might work in a video for MTV but isn't really relevant here. Once you learn to ignore that crap, it works pretty well. But that crap is very annoying

And after that, S1E1 of Fargo, being the television thingies rather than the film. Very good, and it's hardly surprising that Tim ended up in such a situation after working for David Brent for so long

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X