• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Afternoon denizens

Very Simpsonesque out there today
    Thankfully we don't (yet) have the dread Septic ragweed in this country.

Sunday lunch comprised, as expected, roast lamb plus roast stuffed lamb's heart.

Yum.

It's too quiet in here.

Must be a fine day or sommat.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 June 2018, 12:11.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Last of the sausage rolls eaten

At some point I need to divide the chicken cacciatore into two portions for freezing and one for tonight. But that would involve standing up and moving around, which I am disinclined to do

Comment

Portion control done. From a quick lick of the spoon, the overnighting in the fridge has done its usual magic. Looking forward to that later

And the washing machine has been doing its magic and is almost there.

And it's sunny without being excessively warm, which is an acceptable compromise.

Comment

It's 24 deg C in here at the moment.

It's warmer outside.

I've taken the opportunity of the unseasonal weather to put up an additional cabinet in the bathroom, to whit one wot graced what used to be the bathroom in the Strangelove parents' house for over half a century.

In a fit of idleness I've bolted it to the side of the one that's there already.

Which should be enough for some toothpaste (BBE 2017, how the feck does toothpaste need a BBE?), some rubbing alcohol, and a bottle of tcp.

That's the antiseptic stuff.

Tea was a Morrisons steak pie (they were out of S&k pies) with Heinz baked beans.

This repast was followed by some asparagus, gently steamed for 10 minutes then covered in melted butter.

That's the first butter I've used in about 6 weeks or whenever I last made kedgeree, which might well be longer ago.

Currently debating whether to get shot of some of the remaining Strangelove parents' accumulation of drugs, many of which appear to be time expired.

Comment

Lake swim this morning. At 19 degrees, warm enough for 'skins'. Unfortunately the weed had grown a lot, so the last quarter of the lap was most unpleasant getting tangled up. Think I'll be visiting the other lake (not as nice, but a lot less weed) for future swims.

Swim followed by Sunday snooze, and after that there didn't seem much point in trying to do something useful with the day.

Just 1 baby tit remains alive and looking ready to fledge - hopping around the nest trampling the corpses of his dead siblings. Stuck his head out the hole yesterday but retreated back to the safety of the nest box. I think mother tit is wishing he'd hurry up and leave. I know just how she feels...

Comment

patio complete. Only 2 more to go!

Dinner was posh steak & widney pie + Dragons back red which is quite sweet and very pleasant. not at all like my Rhubarb paint stripper, if I drink that I'm likely to end up next to someone who makes NLyUK look good!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The chicken cacciatore turned out to be very nice indeed

Comment

Venus looking nice in the tail end of the sunset, and Jupiter (I think) also quite resplendent, about 120° widdershins from it and a bit higher up

Comment

Nick, you need SkyView Lite or PocketUniverse on your smart device to tell you what they are.

In other news, The Wife (tm) is going to the US for a week’s holidays with her sisters. She’s asked me what I want brought back. If I say nothing, I’ll get a couple of t-shirts.

Came up with a suggestion tonight: “go to CVS and get a tub of 1000 acetaminophen and another of naproxen”.

Rock and roll lifestyle of a gardener. All I want is painkillers.

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's entertainment was ep 2 of "Low Winter Sun".

Still vaguely baffled, but that's not unusual.

Followed by "The Fugitive" this being the tale of a man whose wife was murdered by a one armed miscreant.

Oddly, in this case, Richard Kimble was played by Harrison Ford rather than David Janssen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106977/

It was rather good.

Oddly, the one armed man had two arms when he was G'Kar.

Comment

Working...
                      X