• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Or me too!
    And yet here I sit in the Welford Road car park being rained on ...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      And yet here I sit in the Welford Road car park being rained on ...
      Send it down this way when you're done with it

Comment

Currently watching Alistair Sim, George Cole and Terry Thomas in "The Green Man".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050456/

It's on "Talking Pictures".

And some chap by the name of Arthur Lowe is toward the bottom of the credits.

It's got quite humid now.

And I got slightly damp on the way home.

I've successfully avoided my dear nephew's birthday meal.

Tea, such as it was, consisted of boiled beef, carrots & onions, which repast I managed to spoil somewhat with the cornflour yet again.

It solidified into gelatinous blobs instead of just thickening the thing.

Fished most of them out and it tasted ok.

Mashing some rather old Jersey Royals was aslo a tad unsuccessful.

But the custard was made with milk that wasn't on the turn, so that went well with the stewed gooseberries from yesterday.

Then I did a bit of diy on the door to the salting house laundry room, the sill of which had come loose after the nails that the late Ernie had fixed it with had finally rusted away after a mere 35 years or so.

No tv.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 July 2018, 21:01.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Been a while since I've been here, work is non-stop. Boomed until end of Sept.

And it's rather sunny outside in Blighty.

I hope you are all good and invoicing.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Ribeye steak and chips for tea

These Israeli Maris Pipers from M&S are right on the cusp of being unfit for chips due to excessive sugar content. I'll be glad to get them used up and see if I can get some decent East Anglian ones

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              Been a while since I've been here, work is non-stop. Boomed until end of Sept.

And it's rather sunny outside in Blighty.

I hope you are all good and invoicing.

qh
              Evening

No actual invoicing at the moment, but I'm feeling much better for it thanks

Comment

Tonight's rewatch was Minority Report (2002). I'm not sure why; I just had a nagging inclination to watch it again.

And after that, a first watch: United 93 (2006). I'd always assumed it was mainly about that flight, but it's mainly about the stuff air traffic and military control had to deal with that day. Anyway, all that stuff I find pretty gutting, but it's good film about that stuff.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  It's doing a fine job here.

The greyness of the sky merges well with the greyness of the sea.

Lovely to see things back to normal.
                  WHS.

With added humidity and closeness.

The deodorant worn/not worn by some on the train this morning wasn't up to the task. 2

On the tv front, I forgot about the thing with Rich Hall on BBC4 at 21:00, so I recorded the repeat from 02:30 to 04:00.

Or at least I hope that's what I did.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 July 2018, 07:18.

Comment

Morning all.

I can safely say:

<--

Comment

It's really funny watching software people playing with hardware they don't understand.

It's amazing The Magick Smoke hasn't been let out yet.

It's even more amazing that the thing now does more or less what it's supposed to.

A Miracle.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 July 2018, 10:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X