• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Fairly sunny start out there today

Chance of rain this afternoon though, so that must be when I'm going shopping

Comment

As autumn marches closer, living room temp is 18.8, while the overnight min in the laundry room was 12.8 , currently 13.2.

Brrrrrrr.

And while it's slightly overcast, it's dry.

Oh, and the washing's on.

Breaking News! B****t Sperm Shortage!

<hiatus>

Now in with the hoi polloi.

And it's sunny out, so I'm off home to finish the painting before the inevitable rain.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 August 2018, 08:57.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Breaking News! B****t Sperm Shortage!
        Come again?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all Blue skies but an autumnal feel this morning when out walking. Found a couple more nice fresh ceps though
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For those sufficiently organised to already be planning Christmas presents: Quatermass and the Pit diorama

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              For those sufficiently organised to already be planning Christmas presents: Quatermass and the Pit diorama
              May this be the first truly felt "Bah Fecking Humbag" of the season.

Only a week to go before the singing Santas start driving people crazy in the shops.

It was dry for long enough for the first gloss coat to go on the window & the windowsill.

The first gloss coat (different paint system) went on the rest of the woodwork currently in progress.

The difference in whites is quite striking, but I really don't give a tulipe.

Must be different amount of TiO2 in the formulations.

It is now pissing down.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 August 2018, 12:19.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My mum is out of surgery, conscious, and taking sips of water

I remember I was unbelievably thirsty when I was on the ITU. All night I was asking the bloke watching over me for water. He'd get me a little plastic cup of it, which he had to hold for me to drink from, which meant I didn't like to trouble him too often, even though what I really wanted was a whole damn jug of the stuff in one go

Comment

No sausage roll for lunch today, mainly because I had one for breakfast. Instead: roast pork with apple sauce in a wholemeal bap

Apparently the rain will arrive soon; presumably when I head outside to go shopping

Comment

As far as I can tell, my brain's adjustment to the hearing aids is currently limited to the sound of traffic outside. I think I'll try putting unexpected items in the bagging area when I go shopping, just so it gets some experience of voices too

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I think I'll try putting unexpected items in the bagging area when I go shopping, just so it gets some experience of voices too
                      Don't forget to bring a Windows installation disc with you....

Comment

Working...
                      X