• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner tonight has been chicken dopiaza out of the freezer, with the usual bits. Most enjoyable

Comment

Jerk chicken rice and peas from the new jamaican takeaway.
      just opened, and between the pub and home <almost exactly halfway, which provides a reason to have a sit down and a red stripe on the way.

very nice.

i can see a fulfilling relationship building here

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Jerk chicken rice and peas from the new jamaican takeaway.
        just opened, and between the pub and home <almost exactly halfway, which provides a reason to have a sit down and a red stripe on the way.

very nice.

i can see a fulfilling relationship building here

Sounds like a winning combination

Comment

Tonight's double action movie feature opened with Braven (2018), a "bad guys are coming for my family" thing set in one of the snowy, woody, mountainous regions of North America.

They do that modern thing of wasting thirty minutes at the start establishing what a lovely family they are; all they needed was five minutes or so after which Grandad and Son say "We're going up to the cabin". After all, once the action starts, it's just "These are the good guys, these are the bad guys, you're rooting for the good guys" and everybody's happy.

If they still had to pay for film rather than hard disks to store this, a lot of the background story stuff would have been rooted out by the studio's accountants before the cameras rolled, but now the accountants get into the credits without even saving anybody's time and money

Anyway, apart from that, it was pretty good; worth a watch

And to follow: Lone Survivor (2013), being a (based on a) true story of the ongoing conflict in Afghanistan. They only wasted a couple of minutes at the start this time, for a bit conveying how awesome US Navy Seals are (the Marines, not mammals covertly trained by the CIA). Being British, I prefer the SAS and SBS attitude of just saying "We don't comment on operational matters" but I suppose the USA is a country built on a combination of advertising and then dying of dysentry because you believe the advertising.

Anyway, no longueurs in this one: cracking action from start to finish, and pretty gruesome in parts. Worth ten bob of anybody's money

And a bit more of The West Wing, about a fabled time when the President of the United States wasn't a deranged ballsack.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            And to follow: Lone Survivor (2013), being a (based on a) true story of the ongoing conflict in Afghanistan. They only wasted a couple of minutes at the start this time, for a bit conveying how awesome US Navy Seals are (the Marines, not mammals covertly trained by the CIA). Being British, I prefer the SAS and SBS attitude of just saying "We don't comment on operational matters" but I suppose the USA is a country built on a combination of advertising and then dying of dysentry because you believe the advertising.

Anyway, no longueurs in this one: cracking action from start to finish, and pretty gruesome in parts. Worth ten bob of anybody's money
            The £1, 10/- or 33p (which ever it might have been) has already been spent & it sits neglected on the top shelf in what used to purport to be my office.

I really do have to get this place sorted out.

Totally knackered this morning.

Work really is tiring.

But it does make the endless tedium of the day go faster.

:

The Logik washing machine is being exercised by washing the bedding this morning.

I feel that it doesn't do as good a job as the Miele.

Well quelle surprise as the chesse eating surrender monkeys are wont to say.

Hopefully it'll have finished by the time I come home from town after today's first shopping expedition with added prospective hair cut.

In other news, it's 15.1 deg in the living room, while the laundry room is at a magnificent 9.5 deg.

It's sunny and the mist is gradually burning off, so it may turn out to be A Nice Day, suitable for cutting the lawns, something that needs doing quite badly, if only to get the leaves off the grass.

It'd be betterer if all the leaves had fallen off the apple & pear trees but there you go.

I suspect further massacring of that honeysuckle infested thing in the garden is about due too.

November 5th is going to be spectacular this year.

Speaking of films, "Frantic" and "Mine" are two which got ditched after 10 minutes for unknown reasons, just didn't suit the mood I suppose.

I'm contemplating having liver & onions for tea.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 October 2018, 08:12.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
              Clear skies & sunshine here, although a little chilly.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Fairly mild out, but quite grey now

Comment

Trip to Morrisons done.

Haircut done.

Lunch done. (The soup & rice thing that I paid about £15 for in a restaurant and make for about £1.25).

Trip to Tesco Neath Abbey done.

A nice walk out there in the sun and a trip back to Neath on the remarkably frequent buses at the Tesco Neath Abbey bus stop.

The wonders of being an with a bus pass.

Even more miraculous was the dropping of the bag with the Dolmio bottle, which, by the grace of some deity or other, failed to break.

And here we are, the sheets are drying on the line, there's another foot or so of dvds, and it's nearly time to start the lawn mowing, which, by the grace of a deity, might just be the last one this year, though I strongly doubt that, to be honest.

Some years it still needs cutting in December.

I suppose one should be grateful for the 6 weeks it didn't need cutting in June & July.

And in other news, the min temp in the laundry room was a bracing 7.6 deg C, though on which particular night that happened is unclear.

And now the lawn mowing time has finally arrived.

I may be some time.

Plus the grass ain't exactly what you might term "dry", but it'll have to do.

Feck me.

6 lawns mown.

The last one, with the apple tree & pear tree was a right bastard.

I think I've died & not realised yet.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 October 2018, 15:37.

Comment

Cleared up a lot out there now, though it's still only 17°C

Just realised I forgot to collect my monthly prescription yesterday. Have to get it on Monday, hopefully as I go to or from the tip with more junk. But that requires me to sort out more junk, and I can't be bothered at the moment

Comment

One's liver, onions, and bacon are cooking on the stove. (Do people still have stoves or is it an sort of thing).

In one of those wonderful happenings, when extracting the liver from the freezer (been there since 17/08/17), two packs came out together & I didn't notice, so it's twice the usual amount of liver for me this evening.

Hope that Zeity character doesn't notice.

The builders have been next door doing sommat or other all day.

They departed at about half past four, which I found remarkable for a Saturday.

One's liver, bacon, and onion gravy were Very Nice.

The continuing lack of NaCl renders it less nice than it might have been, but there you go.

I suppose there was some NaCl in the bacon, which, from the smell, must have been "smoked".

As in being injected with some "smoke" before being packed.

Now to decide what to watch this evening.

Spoiled for choice really.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 October 2018, 16:58.

Comment

Working...
                      X