• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon cob for lunch

Now to venture outside: first to pick up my monthly prescription, then on to the sorting office in the back of beyond to collect the book that wasn't delivered on Friday.

Comment

Stuff collected from various places, including the hall, where I found a book about concurrency models that flew over from the USA last Friday. I know this because DHL left a voicemail asking me to call them about Customs charges and, when I did, told me they'd realised there weren't any as books are zero-rated, so it was now on the plane

Comment

X55 on the way home.

It was so full I had to sit next to someone.

Some more of yesterday's beef for tea, it was much nicer than yesterday.

Followed by some stewed gooseberries and custard.

Supplies of Birds' Custard Powder are now at a critical level, the two bin system having failed miserably & it having been left off the shopping list today.

This evening's epic is "The Monuments Men", with George Clooney et al.

The Monuments Men (2014) - IMDb

It's sort of interesting in a vague sort of vaguely interesting sort of way.
        <spoiler>
        Someone just got himself shot in a church which livened things up a bit
        .</spoiler>
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's dinner was a Sunday roast held over until Monday because Saturday's Chinese takeaway was held over until Sunday: roast pork loin, with the appropriate accompaniments. It was very nice indeed; the crackling in particular turned out nicely

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            This evening's epic is "The Monuments Men", with George Clooney et al.

The Monuments Men (2014) - IMDb

It's sort of interesting in a vague sort of vaguely interesting sort of way.
            My review of same from about eleven months ago:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Not a lot of explosions for a war film, but an enjoyable watch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              My review of same from about eleven months ago:
              Disappointingly I have only one copy of this, which is plainly some sort of error on my part.

The dvd, however, was brand spanking new in the shrink wrap, its previous owner being insufficiently interested to actually watch it at all.

I was rather impressed earlier, whilst listening to the comedy at 18:30, to discover a soccer playing person who didn't sound like a complete & utter moron.

BBC Radio 4 - The Museum of Curiosity, Series 13, Episode 4

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

As we're fast approaching the season of getting dark early and general chilliness, tonight it seemed meet to return to the world of Scandinavian telly with an episode of Wallander: Mastermind, being the penultimate episode of the first lot of Swedish adaptations starring Krister Henriksson. Quite a good one, I thought

I need to get back to either mucking about with maps or sorting out the living room tomorrow, so an early night is in order.

Goodnight all

Comment

Well the weather in Manchester is...

dark

ffs

winter must be coming.

Comment

Dry.

Starless and Bible Black.

Colder side of colder.

Bracing.

Bus on time.

No horror of sitting next to someone.

Windless, though the windmills are doing their best to help the trees out, like.

Big ship observed in the ?Queen's Dock? on the ride in, though I can't see it from here because a) it's verging on Bible Black and b) it's a long way away and c) the windows are filthy.

It would appear that dawn's rosy fingers have been cancelled, and if sun is, in fact, arising, I can't fecking see it from here through the murk & cloud over Margam.

Comment

Working...
                      X