• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Clear here too, but as result it's not very warm: the temperature out there hasn't made it into double digits yet, and probably won't now

Comment

Time to get the dinner on, I reckon

Comment

Lovely bonfire.

Vanities all burned up.

Along with the fecking honeysuckle, or as much as I could remove over the last fortnight or so.

In other news, I've "lost" the keys to two cars, being on the same keyring.

They're probably Very Safely stored somewhere.

Which is annoying.

If they're in the garage then I'm fecked coz I'll never find them in there.

Tea, aka "dinner", was some of today's batch of lentil <pfffft> soup, followed by a Tesco individual Xmas pudd with custard.

It was very nice.

If I'd found one, I was going to have a baked hedgehog, but there you go.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Nice aroma of stock drifting through the flat, for I am using the giblets from the duck I'm roasting, along with various vegetables and herbs, to make the base for the forthcoming gravy

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

In other news, I've "lost" the keys to two cars, being on the same keyring.

They're probably Very Safely stored somewhere.
            Found 'em.

Hidden in plain sight.

Always the best way to hide something.

"Watched" Doctor Who, though I'm not sure quite why I bothered.

Currently watching a thing about Bonnie & Clyde on PBS.

Mostly because it's a more interesting option on watching the mustachioed Strawbridge & his obnoxious wife in their chateau.

The Oak Island nutjobs are on at 21:00.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lovely bonfire.

Vanities all burned up.

If I'd found one, I was going to have a baked hedgehog, but there you go.
              i hope you're not becoming captain beatty.

baked hedgehog is quite tasty, as i rmember

Comment

"Watched" Doctor Who, though I'm not sure quite why I bothered.

me too, and i don't know why i bothered, either
                dinner <aka 'tea'> was a fish finger sarnie, having had a rather large lunch of roast pork etc.
                stuffed now

Comment

Nah. 32". I don't live in a council house.

oooh snarky!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Tonight's post-pub big feature was Constantine (2005), in which Keanu Reeves (odd first name, BTW, when you think about it) moves on from fighting those silly video game robots in sunglasses and suits and instead takes on THE VERY FORCES OF HELL!

And I thought it was excellent

After, more of The West Wing oh God when will it ever end (though actually it's quite good at the moment and there's some even better bits coming up)

Goodnight all

The prime series is pretty good!

Constantine I assume was the "Holy" Roman Emperor.

as for Keanu

Aloha

Keanu Name Meaning & Origin | Baby Name Wizard
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Nice aroma of stock drifting through the flat, for I am using the giblets from the duck I'm roasting, along with various vegetables and herbs, to make the base for the forthcoming gravy
                      And so it came to pass: roast duck with all the trimmings for dinner, and very nice it was

Comment

Working...
                      X