• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rain seems to have stopped, which is odd as I'm going out to the Chinese shortly

Probably waiting to get me on the way back

Comment

Comment

The Chinese has been visited without any further rain, and the resultant meal consumed. Very nice, it was

Very cold out, though. The lady in the Chinese was complaining about how cold it is - the front of house always seems to be very cold in winter, no matter how warm it may be in the kitchen.

And, of course, any slowness of trade this month will be getting blamed on "Christmas"

Comment

This evening's 2nd feature was "Page Eight" with Bill Nighy, Sir Michael Gambon, Rachel Weisz, Alice "Borg Queen" Krige.

Page Eight (TV Movie 2011) - IMDb

Very atmospheric.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Lot of it about after last night

Comment

Tonight's entertainment involved finally getting to the end of the Alien films (again) with Alien: Resurrection (1997), being the Special Edition thereof. As usual at the end of a franchise, it's not as good as the first ones, but it's not that bad really.

And then some more of The West Wing.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Lot of it about after last night
                I appear to have woken up with a touch of

Off for a Jingle Jog. Kill or cure.

Comment

Spent "boring" day yesterday using Bing maps API to show points on map for my volunteer thing as my loony lady friend has gone to her sister's for xmas and it was too wet for walking Good actually, I miss having lots of IT stuff to do.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I miss having lots of IT stuff to do.
                    Me too.

Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten everything other than FORTRAN IV.

Morning.

Grey.

Not windy.

Not raining.

Not sunny.

Not cold.

Merely indifferent.

15 deg in the living room, 5.6 deg in the laundry room.

Beef it is aroasting, lentil <pffffft> soup it is asimmering.

Well that turned out to be fairly mediocre, which may, in part, be ascribed to my nice new cold.

The plague bearing oik on the X5 through Briton Ferry is the probable source.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 December 2018, 13:38.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning all

CBS in sunny sarf herts.

Comment

Working...
                      X