• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat was hammering on the back door demanding to be fed this morning.

Apparently I was Late Getting Up and this will not be tolerated.

Currently dry but damp out.

About to start preparing the beef etc. for Sunday lunch.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all a bit damp out.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The beef it is aroasted.

Once the wedgetables have cooked it'll be Time For Sunday Lunch.

It seems to come around with monotonous regularity every week.

Despite the freezer being half full of dead cow, I bought some rather nice looking beef from the butcher yesterday.

I must attempt to eat more of what's in there.

Comment

Morning Afternoon denizens

After the rain overnight it's still grey and a bit blustery out there, based on observations conducted by opening the kitchen window for a few minutes

Around 6°C, which feels a bit chilly after a few warmer days, but was feeling a bit warmer after a number of cold days only a week or so ago

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just had a couple of croissants with strawberry jam. The croissants caught my eye in M&S yesterday and I realised I hadn't had them in ages. Very nice
            And again

The jam presumably makes it one of my five-a-day too

Comment

Sunday afternoon shop done & dusted.

Disappointingly average Morrisons Eccles Cakes (reduced) consumed.

Sheets "drying" on the line before going in the drier.

Odd sort of Sunday afternoon play on R4.

<hiatus>

Sheets dried a bit on the line.

Spotted with rain.

Sheets now in drier.

Bonfire penciled in for later. <-bonfire, not me.

17 black bin bags ready to be distributed up & down the street come Wednesday night. <- me, not the bin bags.

Tea/dinner this evening is expected to comprise some Morrisons chicken kievs (reduced), no doubt with some other concoction added, maybe some nice beetroot and some salad spuds.

I'm pleased to see that we're no longer Waiting for Godot, rather Godot is awaiting a reply from someone else.

And has been since 2016.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 February 2019, 17:07.

Comment

OK, so I've got this Mac app showing all the films in my iTunes library in alphabetical order on the left, and selecting one shows its artwork on the right

Ah: lots of films beginning with "The"

Looks like I'm writing an article-ignoring text sort next…

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I'm pleased to see that we're no longer Waiting for Godot, rather Godot is awaiting a reply from someone else.

And has been since 2016.
                  So he is

Comment

Ah: lots of films beginning with "The"

Looks like I'm writing an article-ignoring text sort next…
                    And done. Just use a regular expression to remove "the " (case insensitive) at the start of the titles in the comparator function

Comment

And done. Just use a regular expression to remove "the " (case insensitive) at the start of the titles in the comparator function
                      Alternatively, use the property "sortTitle" that already exists, rather than "title", and get exactly the sort order iTunes uses

Comment

Working...
                      X