• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning, blue sky with fluffy bits in sunny sarf herts.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy out, though a bit of thin sunshine is getting through thinner patches now and again. Very windy though, judging by the wild gesticulations of the horse chestnut tree out the front

Comment

Hey Dr S. Possible Plan B post retirement

Inside an incredible "prop library" of vintage electronics and obsolete consumer tech / Boing Boing

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          how did you get in my garage???

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            how did you get in my garage???
            That's not my garage because you can get in it.

The trolley jack I wanted to use last Sunday might as well have been on the moon.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Another power cut

As this interferes with my plan to spend the afternoon building MySQL from source so I can run it under a debugger to investigate some of its internals, I decided instead to pop up to the Amazon Locker to collect a book. And lo! on the next corner, a hole, near which are a bunch of workmen with that slight droop of the shoulders that suggests it wasn't their fault, and two vans, one of them from the power company. Also, the petrol station by which the hole is situated has no power either.

This then made me wonder if the Amazon Locker would be working, and it was: it must have a UPS or something

Oh, and it's raining

And as I type, the power has come back on, then gone off again, and come back on again. Not sure how much it's to be trusted yet…

Comment

Very late lunch due to the primary ingredient being in the freezer, which I didn't want to open in case the power cut went on for ages: southern not-fried chicken fillet in a wholemeal bap

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Morning.

Sunny.

Dry.

Not wet.

Warmish side of coldish.
                  None of that remains true: rain, hail, currently awaiting the murrain of beasts, and it seems a lot colder.

Have come home to find A Great Debate on PM about the use of the term "Colour".

Stone me, some of these people are really really precious.

Fecking snowflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    None of that remains true: rain, hail, currently awaiting the murrain of beasts, and it seems a lot colder.
                    Similar here, except the rain's stopped, at least for now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Similar here, except the rain's stopped, at least for now
                      But, looking on the bright side, the electrickery is back on.

Similar thing happened here last Sunday when the water board were out fixing a pipe that had been "serviced" by the gas main replacement bunch.

£290 to tax the car this year.

For a fecking 1.6.

Tea/dinner was lentil <pffffft> soup.

It was ok but portion control was a bit lacking.

Ho hum.

This evening's epic is "A Million Ways to die in the West" with Seth McFarlane, Liam Neeson and Charlize Theron.

I wasn't expecting much but it's laugh out loud funny in places.

A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014) - IMDb

Liam Neeson is Clinch Leatherwood. <- little cherooty thing

I really enjoyed that.

It was very funny (or appealed to my sense of humour).

So that's two Westerns in succession.

Maybe it'll "Shane" tomorrow.

Which isn't funny.

Unless you watch it in Welsh (yng Nghymraeg).

Shwmai Shane, as someone says.

TFBSZ.

Now trying to remember if I ever bought "The Accountant".
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 March 2019, 22:47.

Comment

Working...
                      X