• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feck me! - meatloaf's on forces TV.
    with mr mcCall
    i hope he doesn't sing

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      That sounds painful. You can take things for that, you know.
      Prunes work quite well.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      onna stick? or inna bun?
      According to taste. <-- they can be smoked too.

Currently watching some twat professor from the Other Place waffling on about Wales, Patagonia, The Empire, etc. etc.

And now we've got to Lloyd George.

Ah, now we're onto "Taffy was a Welshman, Taffy was a thief".

And then it's "show us the fecking money".

And thence to the Evil Liverpudlians stealing Our Water.

Oooooo, now it the FWA.

Haven't heard of them for donkey's years.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 March 2019, 21:50.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Turned out to be "Red Dawn (2012)" with Chris Hemsworth.

It was rather better than I expected with a lot of dead NK which can only be A Good Thing.

Red Dawn (2012) - IMDb

I enjoyed it despite its totally ridiculous premise.
        I watched the original ages ago but haven't watched that version yet, though I have it to hand. Must give it a go some time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I watched the original ages ago but haven't watched that version yet, though I have it to hand. Must give it a go some time
          Naturally enough I have the requisite two copies of said epic, one of which will be going to some charity emporium next Saturday.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No rats having emerged, either with or without sticks, I was reduced to having one of the lamb shanks in red wine I made yesterday for my tea, accompanied by little roast potatoes (roasted in duck fat) and petits pois. It was all very nice indeed, and the lamb was gloriously tender, with all connective tissue reduced to a component of the sauce, thickening it and adding flavour

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Turned out to be "Red Dawn (2012)" with Chris Hemsworth.

It was rather better than I expected with a lot of dead NK which can only be A Good Thing.

Red Dawn (2012) - IMDb

I enjoyed it despite its totally ridiculous premise.
              And so it came to pass. Quite entertaining, really, despite assorted holes in the plot and unlikely events

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all is it too early? Yes it is. Off to the airport...
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No new pictures in the funny picture thread.... who gave Greenlake permission for some time off?

Anyway pretty dank n dismal in Manchester today..

Happy Tuesday.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright and sunny out today. Quite warm and lacking excessive breeziness, too

Comment

Useful bit of housekeeping done

Not around the actual house; that would be far too much hassle. But I have a bunch of Chef cookbooks for configuring various servers, which I'd initially had in one Git repository because it seemed, a couple of years ago, to make things easier when using AWS Opsworks. However, since then I've learned ways of working with both Opsworks and Chef that make it much easier if they each live in their own repository.

So I've gone through one-by-one, extracting them to their own repositories while keeping their history, created a GitHub repo for each one, and pushed them all up.

Just a bit more work to be done around the tooling to smooth out a couple of remaining wrinkles in the workflow, and I might then get around to creating something new

Comment

Working...
                      X