• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning/afternoon denizens, depending on whether you left the box checked and thus consented to the clock change

Bit of high cloud out there, though it doesn't look like the sort that produces rain

A look at the forecast on the phone suggests a chance of snow on Wednesday

Comment

Afternoon

still suffering from culture shock here.
      < a whole week on client site, first time for a while>

two loads of washing washed, and hung.

bacon and <very ripe> Brie onna bun for lunch. V nice it was.

remote access all configured and sorted for tomorrow. - kerCHING!!!!

think i'll go dahn the pub later...........

Comment

Chicken and barley soup started in the slow cooker, using the carcass from last week

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          still suffering from culture shock here.
          < a whole week on client site, first time for a while>
          Always a bit weird, the first week; especially after some time out

remote access all configured and sorted for tomorrow. - kerCHING!!!!

Much better

think i'll go dahn the pub later...........
          Sounds like a plan

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Watched The Meg at the local IMAX...

It's a great film if you are happy to willingly suspend your disbelief...
            Indeed. I understand it got panned by the critics but I thought it was fine as these things go, and no more unlikely than those recent films with giant apes and such

Also, the obligatory smart'n'sassy eight-year-old girl wasn't anything like as annoying as most such specimens in films of this ilk. Though I still don't understand why they always have one

Comment

Damn clocks going forward. I've got so many flipping clocks and watches it will be time to turn them back again before I get round to doing them all. May as well not bother.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

A look at the forecast on the phone suggests a chance of snow on Wednesday
                I think someone predicted that earlier.

Lunch/lunch was roast lamb with a lamb's heart as a side dish.

It was nice enough.

The lentil <pfffffft> soup is/was simmerning on the hob, some of which will come for tea/dinner later on.

The weekly trip down the dump has a large number of biscuit tins as collected by Strangelove Mater over the years.

There really were a lot of them.

I may get around to dumping some of the very many baking tins & suchlike items since there's very little chance that I'll ever use them.

And just to piss me off even more than usual I broke a cup and a mug whilst doing the washing up.

Ho hum.

The mug is repairable but the cup has gone to meet its doom.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I think someone predicted that earlier.
                  *checks*

Very suspicious really, it's just lulling us into a false sense of security prior to 3 feet of snow by Wednesday.
                  Yep, checks out

Comment

The weekly trip down the dump has a large number of biscuit tins as collected by Strangelove Mater over the years.

There really were a lot of them.

I may get around to dumping some of the very many baking tins & suchlike items since there's very little chance that I'll ever use them.
                    I can post a good recipe for cherry & almond cake if you want

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I can post a good recipe for cherry & almond cake if you want
                      I'm not sure I could cope with the excitement.

Not to mention the purchasing requirements of flour, cherries, and almonds.

I may eventually get around to disposing of the accumulated lard and flora that have decorated the fridge since 2014.

No rush, it's not quite bright blue yet.

In other news, the Sunday afternoon shop at Tesco & Morrisons has been accomplished.

Nothing of note transpired apart from screaming kids.

Oh, and I forgot to take the paper down to the dump, just like last week.

Ah, feck.

Haven't heard from the plumber for yonks, had almost decided he'd retired, then he phones up this afternoon.

Now I have to shift a shedload++ of dvds somewhere else so he can service the gas fire again, and get to the thermostat for the central heating.

This is going to be Interesting.

But not in a Good Way.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2019, 15:26.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X