• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's a fine line before they start telling you it's "too low"
    In fact, when I was about to be taken down for my last angiogram (which led to the bypass instead of the expected angioplasty) the nurse took my blood pressure and said exactly that - it was 106 systolic, and they wouldn't do the procedure unless it was at least 107

She said she'd do it again, and the stress caused by the thought of not being seen that day was enough to bump it back up to the required figure

I'm still not sure why it was that low in the first place; it was low while I was in hospital and, as I recall, for a little while afterwards, but it certainly isn't now

Comment

That's on my to-watch list - I don't think I've ever seen the entire film, just caught parts of it on telly over the years.
      Prepare to be confused.

It's odd.

Though no doubt you'll get more out of it than I'm capable of doing.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More Babylon 5 tonight: The War Prayer, And the Sky Full of Stars, and Deathwalker. All good, for the most part.

I recall B5 creator J. Michael Straczynski saying something on Twitter a couple of months ago about certain annoying traits one of the producers imposed on the first season against JMS's will, and I believe one of them was occasional attempts to portray the Centauri as light entertainment in some scenes. That happened a couple of times in these episodes, complete with whimsical musical accompaniment on the soundtrack; totally out of character for both the series and the species. Luckily they managed to get rid of that producer for subsequent seasons and get the Centauri back on track as the evil, unpleasant bastards they are

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Good news! My BP is now down to “very high”.
            The Wife (tm) who is one of the most qualified people in the country on the subject, and also one of the worst people to be ill in front of - she thought that Python’s “it’s just a flesh wound” was exaggerating - decided that she would take me to hospital if I couldn’t get my diastolic below 110.
            It’s now under 100.
            Admin said your BP was a pain. Not me surely?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Morning all
              Morning
              where the feck have You been??

misty and damp in soggy sarf herts.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                where the feck have You been??
                Dammit, I must have forgotten to lock the cellar door when I took him his gruel this morning.

Comment

In fact, when I was about to be taken down for my last angiogram (which led to the bypass instead of the expected angioplasty) the nurse took my blood pressure and said exactly that - it was 106 systolic, and they wouldn't do the procedure unless it was at least 107
                  My systolic is around 155 on a good day.

Anyway, morning all s'murky here, I can hardly see the end of the garden, but at least I'm not in Bruges Scotland.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dreary.

Foggy.

Misty.

Sunless.

Dry, surprisingly.

Monday.

Last day in "work" until the 29th.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit grey to start here, but it's brightened up a bit over the last thirty minutes or so

And the rain we were promised this afternoon has now been pushed back by a few hours, and reduced in probability

Comment

Working...
                      X