• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Could bee.

After much searching through the pile of dvds in the front room, this evening's feature is "Double Jeopardy" with Tommy Lee Jones and Ashley Judd.

Double Jeopardy (1999) - IMDb

It would appear that it was last watched back in 2017, which might explain why it seems rather familiar.

Question is, do I watch it for the next hour and a half or not?
    I thought that was pretty good when I watched it

Dinner, tea, or whatever we're calling it this week, has been a nice ribeye steak and chips

Apparently it's going to drop to freezing tonight hereabouts

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      "We found four bees in your eye, feeding on your tears."

"Thank God that's all it was - I thought from the symptoms that I might be reading the B****t forum!"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        "We found four bees in your eye, feeding on your tears."
        Nowt wrong with that....

Comment

No idea what the weather is like. Its too dark.

Unlike most tpders who are owls, I am a lark. No not a larf.

In bed prior to HIGNFY. I will watch it in a minute.

Comment

Tonight's rewatch double bill started with Interstellar (2014), as it's picture-of-a-black-hole week. I do like this one, and not just for the cool (if slightly, but only slightly, unrealistic) black hole

And after that, Deepwater Horizon (2016), which is basically an explanation of the utter disregard for safety that (in principle) couldn't happen here now since the regulations were tightened up after Piper Alpha, but which BP could still get away with over there and, as is the inevitable consequence of capitalism, tried to. But as Feynman said, "Nature cannot be fooled". A very good film, though it would have been better if it had been fiction

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Cold.

Sunny.

The weather's still borked.

A Bit Like My Back.

Tonight's rewatch double bill started with Interstellar (2014), as it's picture-of-a-black-hole week. I do like this one, and not just for the cool (if slightly, but only slightly, unrealistic) black hole

And after that, Deepwater Horizon (2016), which is basically an explanation of the utter disregard for safety that (in principle) couldn't happen here now since the regulations were tightened up after Piper Alpha, but which BP could still get away with over there and, as is the inevitable consequence of capitalism, tried to. But as Feynman said, "Nature cannot be fooled". A very good film, though it would have been better if it had been fiction

Goodnight all
              Both of those are buried at some undefinable depth in Ye Greate Pile Of DVDs in Ye Fronte Roome.

<hiatus whilst I walked down to the library>

In with the hoi polloi.

The first box fell over leaving me logged in.

Logged in again & logged back out then went to another box.

Off now to do some Saturday Morning shopping.

<hiatus>

Another 7 inches of dvds purchased.

The turkey legs turned up in Morrisons so I bought some.

More meat, a real treat.

<taps screen>

Is this thing working or what?

<hiatus>

Clearly not.

Lunch consisted of the remaining chicken kiev (Morrisons, reduced) from yesterday.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 April 2019, 12:04.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Not that warm out, but it's looking quite Simpsonesque

Comment

How is WTFH's dog?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    How is WTFH's dog?
                    And DaveB's!

Comment

And DaveB's!
                      Currently trying to destroy one of her soft toys by alternately shaking it and then nibbling on the loose bits.

She's full of beans as she is on restricted exercise atm. 10-15 mins max, on the lead.

Back to the vets next week, which will probably result in a referral for hydro-therapy.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X