• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Currently trying to destroy one of her soft toys by alternately shaking it and then nibbling on the loose bits.

She's full of beans as she is on restricted exercise atm. 10-15 mins max, on the lead.

Back to the vets next week, which will probably result in a referral for hydro-therapy.

Comment

By the by, today's late lunch has been a sausage bap

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        By the by, today's late lunch has been a sausage bap
        Today's tea has consisted of liver, bacon with onion gravy.

It was ok but nothing more than that.

Dunno how long the bacon had been festering in the freezer but it tasted a bit odd.

Then again, whenever has a BBE worried me overmuch.

<hiatus>

This evening's first epic was "Terminal (2018)".

Terminal (2018) - IMDb

It was oddly good.

Or goodly odd.

<hiatus>

This evening's 2nd feature was "Seraphim Falls (2006)" with Liam Neeson and Pierce Brosnan.

Seraphim Falls (2006) - IMDb

It was very good.

In other other news, after days of CBS and nothing but chem trails in the sky, it clouded over at about 19:00.

The weather's unborked itself.

And the barometer is falling.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 April 2019, 22:30.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I just had a couple of jam doughnuts, to help fill the time until I go to the Chinese

Comment

Dinner from the Chinese has been very nice, as always

The lady who runs the place said they weren't very busy this evening. "Maybe people have spent all their money on the football," she said. No evidence was offered in support of this conjecture

Glanced into Ladbrokes on the way back and, most unusually, it was empty apart from the chap behind the counter. Usually there's a solitary figure in there gambling away their livelihood on the FOBTs at that time on a Saturday.

Comment

A first-watch all-action double bill this evening, starting with The Rock (1996), which manages to overcome various gaping plot holes, assorted impossibilities, and a highly unlikely initial premise by the simple process of charging on regardless. I enjoyed it

And to follow: Deadpool 2 (2018), which follows the principle established in the first one of making such things the entire point of the film. In fact, I watched the Super Duper Cut, which adds about fifteen minutes more of silly nonsense. There was a point somewhere near the middle where I felt it lost some momentum for about five minutes, but that may have been me. Anyway, like the first one it's good fun all round even if, like me, you don't quite get a lot of the Marvel Comics references

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Light grey.

Sunless.

Coldish side of not very warm.

Dry.

Purely out of boredom, ventured into the B forum.

Feeling nauseous now.

<hiatus during which lunch got itself cooked>

Lunch was turkey legs. They really are quite large.

The remaining rashers of that rather odd bacon from yesterday were used to baste the legs.

Not sure how successful this was but the bacon tasted alright when I took it off to brown the legs a bit.

This afternoon's expedition to Tesco and Morrisons will be followed by a trip down the dump to get shot of some more crap.

<taps screen>

Is this thing borked again?

<hiatus during which Tesco & Morrisons were visited>

Sunday afternoon shop done & dusted & stowed away shipshape & Bristol fashion.

As A Special Treat I purchased some Tesco jam tarts, two of which have now been consumed.

Yum.

The purchase of some faggots in Morrisons was probably a mistake since they are a) raw and b) require baking for an hour before consumption.

Ho hum.

Oh, and it's Cold out there.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 April 2019, 14:10.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

After sunny spells earlier, it now seems to have clouded over for the rest of the day or even, if the forecast is accurate, week

Not very warm either. I expect better than 8°C at lunchtime in mid-April

Comment

Today's late lunch has been leftover Southern not-fried chicken bits, cold from the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Afternoon denizens

After sunny spells earlier, it now seems to have clouded over for the rest of the day or even, if the forecast is accurate, week

Not very warm either. I expect better than 8°C at lunchtime in mid-April
                      Stone me, it's a bit chilly out there today.

Brrrrrr.

Trip down the dump duly done.

Scrap metal, glass bottles, half a cwt of paper, plastic bottles.

Then it was on to the digging up of all the crap so I can put in a concrete floor next to the garage.

Eventually the garage will, strangely enough, get enbiggened.

Hopefully the council oiks won't notice for years.

<hiatus>

Tea/dinner was its usual boring Sunday thing with tomato soup (BBE 8/2017, Heinz).

It was.

The evening's first feature is "Criminal (2016)" with Gary Oldman, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Costner.

Criminal (2016) - IMDb

It's sufficiently amusing to be considered pretty damn good.

The current epic is The Oak Island nutjobs drilling yet another fecking big hole in said island.

It must be like swiss cheese by now.

We're back to the Knights Templar again from the sounds of it.

The Bones are late 16th to mid 17th C.

This week we found grapeshot, and unidentified coin, and some soil.

The next hole to be dug will be 50" in diameter & they made a special machine to do it.

This must be costing a large fortune.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 April 2019, 21:33.

Comment

Working...
                      X