• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    What happened to your new gig?
    This is the new gig. It's just taken ages to get this far with the "compliance"

Comment

Currently reading the issue of "Wireless World" for January 1943.

They did hard stuff back then.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon/Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Afternoon/Morning all

Comment

Chips are in the making; just cooling down before the freezing phase

Comment

The rain has moved on for now, it's brightened up a little just in time to go dark, and it's even warmed up slightly

Comment

Thunderous hailstorm earlier in New Bearsden

FFS

nearly got me,just nipped in the pub in time

Comment

This evening's culinary masterpiece has been rack of ribs and chips; exceedingly nice

Note that rack of ribs is not to be confused with spare ribs, from Monday, nor with rib of beef, from yesterday. But my cooking this week does seem to have a thoracic theme to it

The ribs were baked under foil for four hours, gas mark 1, so they came out properly tender and falling away from the bone. Then I applied the sauce, and upped the temperature to 5, finishing on 6 for a few minutes. The sauce itself was a homemade tomato-based BBQ recipe which I pretty much made up based on a few ideas from around the web and what I had in the cupboard, and it turned out very tasty indeed

I've got about half of it left, so I'll have to try it with something else next. Maybe chicken thighs would go well.

Comment

The chap whose garden I helped with on Sunday, who happens to be a butcher dropped off a couple of foot sized steaks, I added Garlic, mushrooms & potatoes with a glass of Merlot (on a school night)

Very nice
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This evening's sustenance was provided by the last of Sunday's beef, with onions & carrots.

It was pretty nice this evening.

Following that, the evening's entertainment was the pilot ep of "Jeremiah (2002)", the region 1 dvds having been purchased over Easter.

"Jeremiah" The Long Road: Part 1 (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb

The dvd is touted as being full screen 16:9, but that's because the player tells the tv that it is, whereas it's actually 4:3.

The transfer isn't brilliant, though whether that's due to viewing it on an all region player feeding a UK spec tv is undetermined.

The pilot is longer than the usual 45 or so minutes of a normal ep, so it dragged a bit, but wasn't quite what I remembered from 2002 on Sky.

Funny how Rupert never got around to showing the 2nd season despite saying it was coming soon for 2 years.

Just to round off the evening's repast, I had the remaining Ginster's Cornish Pasty (Morrisons, reduced) at about 21:10.

TFBSZ.

My doze at lunchtime seems to have done my arse a power of no good.

Those fecking chairs are not made for sleeping on.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 May 2019, 21:32.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X