• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for staff bus. Hot but there's a stiff breeze starting up and a few spots of what may be rain.

Comment

31.7C here now.

thank feck for a large fridge full of water, beer,cider,wine etc.

might think about a cheap air cooler unit.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Waiting for staff bus. Hot but there's a stiff breeze starting up and a few spots of what may be rain.
        rain? in that london?

no sign here yet, but it Has clouded over.

and the wind's like the shamal, without the sand.

Comment

26 deg in here now.

8 or 9 buckets of windfall apples have met the compost heap.

Tea/dinner was chili con carne which was the last of the batch with Not Enough Chili in it.

It's too goddamn hot.

Good to hear that Boris thinks we're approaching the sunlit uplands.

Next thing the plonker will come out with is "you've never had it so good".

If he starts talking about blood toil tears & sweat then it's time to run for the hills.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

one deafening thunderclap followed by 5mins of stair rods.
            is that it?
            i blame that BoJo geezer.
            bloody swizz

Comment

Down to 31° outside now; the living room has made it to 29.6° but I don't know if it'll stop there. Once outside has got down to 29° I'll open the curtains in the hope the temperature gradient across the glass will do its job

Just popped over to Sainsbury's Local, while it's still there, and got a box of Magnums (among other things). I considered going for the cheap knockoff versions in Iceland instead, but the proper ones turned out to be reduced in SL anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                one deafening thunderclap followed by 5mins of stair rods.
                is that it?
                i blame that BoJo geezer.
                bloody swizz
                Keep an eye on Real Time Lightning Map :: LightningMaps.org as there might be more heading your way

Comment

Down to 25.9 now.

Just had a couple of apples off the tree.

They're not very nice this year.

Maybe they'll cook better.

Just watched dear old Wernher again.

The bit where his arm is borked & he gets recruited for Operation Paperclip.

The railway in question on Yesterday starts in Nordhausen.

Harz Railway - Wikipedia
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I seem to have missed the rain. About three spots hit me while I waited for the bus. At West Kensington station I saw it absolutely chuck it down. By the time I exited at Earls Court, there were a few spots and even that had stopped halfway home.

In the meantime, at work, arrivals were restricted to 32 an hour and departures were temporarily halted and then severely restricted (1 every 10 mins if north or south-east bound, or 1 every 6 minutes elsewhere) due to swathes of cumulonimbus and thunderstorms in the local area.

Comment

dinner was lukewarm <deliberately> moroccan style chicken soup with flatbread.

well spicy.
                      i was a bit heavy with the chillis, but better more than less, i reckon.

still 32C here.

Not At All Comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                      X