test please delete test please delete - Page 31629
Page 31629 of 31750 FirstFirst ... 30629311293152931579316193162731628316293163031631316393167931729 ... LastLast
Posts 316,281 to 316,290 of 317497
  1. #316281

    Super poster

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    Sausages have fingers???
    Maybe they did before they became sausages...

  2. #316282

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    46,138

    Default

    Apple Event pretty much as expected. And the usual three choruses on Twitter: “That was all crap”/“That was all amazing”/“Why nothing about {thing Apple never announce at iPhone launches}”

    The new phone cameras look pretty incredible though, which is the main reason to upgrade a phone nowadays

  3. #316283

    Default

    Lunch included a Pukka steak & kidney pie which was ok, with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons seeded toast.

    It was nice enough.

    Tea was M&S battered haddock.

    It was nice enough.

    The evening's first feature was "Die Hard 2" with Bruce Willis.

    Die Hard 2 (1990) - IMDb

    Now watching "World War Weird" which appears to think that SOE was the predecessor to MI6.

    A neat trick since SIS was set up decades before in 1909.

    I do love these inaccuracies.

    Then the thing about the Ural Mountain trek that ended badly.

    Now killing Castro.

    They seem to be forgetting that the Mafia wanted their island back in return for electing JFK.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10th September 2019 at 19:40.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  4. #316284

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Apple Event pretty much as expected. And the usual three choruses on Twitter: “That was all crap”/“That was all amazing”/“Why nothing about {thing Apple never announce at iPhone launches}”

    The new phone cameras look pretty incredible though, which is the main reason to upgrade a phone nowadays
    i don't do apple.
    i DO have an I-ron, but it gets little use.
    and i change my phone when the current one goes 'phut'.

    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  5. #316285

    Super poster

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Watching The Repair Shop. Lovely series (filmed at the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum, dontcha know) but it does get vexing that BBC just rehash all the same repairs and it's either a 45 min programme or a 60 min one pushed out as something new when it isn't.

    That said, it is great to see traditional craftmanship at work.

  6. #316286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    i DO have an I-ron, but it gets little use.
    I've used mine twice this millennium.

    I'm beginning to worry a bit about that.

    More non I-ron shirts needed.

    Strangelove Mater in her younger days I-roned everything, underpants and tea towels included.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  7. #316287

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I've used mine twice this millennium.

    I'm beginning to worry a bit about that.

    More non I-ron shirts needed.

    Strangelove Mater in her younger days I-roned everything, underpants and tea towels included.
    aye, ma maw did that tae. tablecloths etc.

    and jeans

    i talked her out of that, after a while
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  8. #316288

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    46,138

    Default

    Ribs and chips for tea

    I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve got some kind of lurgy. The sore neck/shoulders has developed into a more widespread achiness, and I’ve got a bit of a headache, which I never get

  9. #316289

    Default

    Gosh. True Movies is renamed as Sony Xmas.

    They've started showing Xmas movies in fecking September again.

    Says the man who just watched "Die Harder" set on Xmas Eve.

    MoviesForMen is renamed Sony Action and is currently showing a Danny Trejo epic "Bullet".

    I'd forgotten that "The Bad Skin Clinic" is on for those who like watching pus being extracted and zits being squeezed, not to mention fatty lumps being cut out here and there.

    Also on Quest Red is "The Bubble Man" who is afflicted with myriad small bubble like tumors all over his skin.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10th September 2019 at 22:02.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  10. #316290

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    46,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Gosh. True Movies is renamed as Sony Xmas.

    They've started showing Xmas movies in fecking September again.

    Says the man who just watched "Die Harder" set on Xmas Eve.

    MoviesForMen is renamed Sony Action and is currently showing a Danny Trejo epic "Bullet".

    I'd forgotten that "The Bad Skin Clinic" is on for those who like watching pus being extracted and zits being squeezed, not to mention fatty lumps being cut out here and there.

    Also on Quest Red is "The Bubble Man" who is afflicted with myriad small bubble like tumors all over his skin.
    At times I’m quite glad I can only get a limited number of the Freeview channels

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •