• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Sunny but chilly again, though today it’s 3°C rather than 2°
    And as you survived the week, its another year until you can get a heart attack.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And as you survived the week, its another year until you can get a heart attack.....
      Not necessarily - two years ago I first got angina symptoms on the 30th November, but it wasn’t until Sunday 3rd December that:

Now in A&E having an ECG

Exactly two years ago, on the day-of-the-week basis of counting years

Comment

Probably. Though he could be getting a new bike chain. Or fixing the CUK echo issue.....
        I’m looking into the whole bike chain business. If I had a working bike I could cycle over to Halfords to get one…

Comment

Light lunch of a few Greggs mini sausage rolls I found lurking in the freezer

Comment

Anyone would think today was the first day of winter.....
            I say winter starts on the Winter Solstice, and more generally that seasons start on their corresponding solstices and equinoxes

Comment

I say winter starts on the Winter Solstice, and more generally that seasons start on their corresponding solstices and equinoxes
              WNFS.

The roast lamb was quite nice, followed as it was by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea and unfollowed for the 2nd week running by no rice pud coz I keep forgetting.

I'll never get rid of all that pudding rice at this rate, some of its been there 5 years or more.

The Sunday trip to Tesco and Morrisons was a lot busier this week, it being December & all.

The walk to the viewless point got walked, today I took some secateurs with me to cut back various brambles that have irritated me.

Lovely afternoon, all golden sunshine and freezing cold.

Then for tea there was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seeded toast.

Very nice, with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The day's entertainment began with BTVS S6 E18 with E19 (wherein Warren murders someone which was extremely foolish of him) and Willow goes to the very very very dark side.

Also watched the commentary on E16 wherein Anya gets jilted at the altar by Xander.

The Oak Island nutjobs only have the one ep this evening, and the same next week.

The sheer excitement is plainly becoming too much for everyone.

Still and it seems to be getting worse.

Ho hum.

I've got a funeral to go to tomorrow so maybe I'll catch my death at it, crems generally not being exactly overheated*.

*Other than for the starring role of course.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The mist/fog lifted at some point, I don't know when, but it remained very frosty out. Took 10 mins to scrape the ice off the car windows when leaving to head to the airport.

Fight currently delayed 20 minutes.

Comment

I just remembered I had some double cream in the fridge that was on its use-by date, so I’ve made some chocolate ganache type stuff which I will experiment with converting into truffles, as and when I get around to it

Comment

dinner has been chilli con lamby, 'cos i defrosted the wrong mince

very nice though, a bit sweeter than normal, but most flavoursome IIDSSM.

and a nice rioja.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      The mist/fog lifted at some point, I don't know when, but it remained very frosty out. Took 10 mins to scrape the ice off the car windows when leaving to head to the airport.

Fight currently delayed 20 minutes.
                      What is delaying this fight? I hope the Manchester social fight will be on time. As I want to pop outside just before because I am a coward.....

Comment

Working...
                      X